+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question for Males

Question for Males

Hey there,
    My boyfriend and I started having sex this morning, when, about 5 minutes into it, he started going soft. Nothing out of the ordinary happened; and I can't think of a reason he'd be turned off; it just went out of nowhere.

Is this normal?

By the way, we are both in our early 20's

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It happens. It's mostly biological, sometimes things just don't work. It's nothing you did.

I'm a girl but it has happened to my BF a few times. First time, it was the first time we got intimate and he was nervous/anxious and second time he was distracted by something happening outside. I think it's pretty common and normal so don't worry.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

It could be a number of reasons, too tired, distracted, drunk or hung over. Sometimes condoms cause loss of sensation. Excessive masturbation can cause sensation loss. Not in the mood. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening. Early 20's is too young for typical age-related erectile dysfunction. Although certain medications or diabetes can cause this.

Quote Originally Posted by annon25 View Post
    By the way, we are both in our early 20's
    Have you started gaining weight or maybe you had bad breath. Normally men who are healthy and not gay have trouble maintaining an erection when rooting a woman in her early 20s especially if he is also in his early 20s.

There are two options :

1) He no long finds you attractive (as I asked have you gained weight ?)
    2) He is a homosexual (has he been asking for anal a lot - if so maybe you could provide it so fill his gay fantasies).

OP, don't bother with BoredGeorge, he's a troll as you may have noticed : ).

I don't think there's anything to worry about if it's happened only that one time. If it starts happening regularly though, it's better to have him go to the doctor to figure out if there's something wrong.

I went soft in the middle of a threeway once, anxiety was the cause of that.

If this is the first time you've had sex, his nerves might have taken over and it was mental. One of many options, but after another couple sessions something like that goes away.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by annon25 View Post
    Hey there,
    My boyfriend and I started having sex this morning, when, about 5 minutes into it, he started going soft. Nothing out of the ordinary happened; and I can't think of a reason he'd be turned off; it just went out of nowhere.

Is this normal?
    He came real fast out of the gate hun. It's too embarrassing for him to say that he did. Hopefully he will learn to last longer.

I have never been able to have sex the first time with a girl when we start getting it on because of nerves. I have learned to get past it, by not quite going that far the first time i get intimate with someone new and just "exploring and teasing". Then the second time, the nerves are calmed down and i get it done. Then after that, it's on and multiple times a night is no problem.

perhaps he already came and you didn't notice it, and he was too embarrassed to admit it so he pretended to keep on going....until he got soft.
    perhaps something about you this morning turned him off....bad morning breath? Didn't wipe properly after you went #2?

It can happen when a guy is tired or just not as horny as usual. Ask yourself, have you done it recently? If you have done it within 36 hours chances are its a bit too soon maybe to try again. Its not you, guys are never as horny ever again as they were at 14, 15, 16, and it ebbs gradually. Dont be self conscious, emotional closeness is more important.

a guys perspective

hey, there is this blog that offers free advice from a guys perspective too. You can go there for private insights.

followthedots.wordpress.com