+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is it so hard to accept?

Why is it so hard to accept?

We broke up a few months ago, things have been up and down....we have had periods of not speaking, we have slept together again, she has a new partner & cheated on her partner with me....we've spent more time together recently...its been so lovely.

But, she keeps putting me in a place where i feel happy and wanting her so bad, and then just kicks me right where it hurts & totally breaks me again. She did it last on friday - we had an argument, i text her in anger & she wasnt replying, so it got me more angry!!! On saturday night, my best friend told her to stop hurting me - she showed him her phone so my best friend
    Could read everythin we say to eachother. I was fuming.

Shes made me feel like im crazy. I dont know what to do. I love her so much, she makes me feel amazing, but then so bad at th same time. Shes 4 years younger than me & in her 2nd year of uni. I know shes in a young, naiive wanting to go out stage, but we lnow we want eachother, just not right now. But shes made me feel so bad this weekend, i jus dont knkw what to so anymore.

Why cant i accept it?! She seems to find it easy. Nearly 3 years of an amazing, loving relationship all
    In pieces. She said she could be with me, but she knows it would be forever & that scares her. Thats fair enough, but why persue a relationship with someone else, and keep me dangling as a "friend"?! Im so confused & actually think ive gone crazy. Helllllppp

She isn't naive or so innocent. She knows what she wants, she doesn't want to be tied down in a relationship, she wants to explore her options, have different experiences....it's a no brainer. It's not her that is hurting you, it's YOU. You know this isn't going to be a permanent thing, and it will never be what it was ever again. You need to know yourself, that it is over and you need to let go in order to stop this madness. You need to cut yourself off from her, NO CONTACT! You need to tell her to leave you alone, and then cut her loose so you can grieve, and heal. You know what to do, be strong, and get your friends to stop you from temptation. You need all the help you can get.

Like Smackie said... no contact. Ignore her txts, emails, facebook, and don't make any effort to contact her. If she pissed you off that much then go somewhere private and vent if you need to. Don't become violent, just go somewhere quiet and call her a bitch if you have to... it's good to release your anger in a responsible way. Then in a few months you will thank yourself for having healed. IMO why would you want to obsess about someone who is a cheater? You deserve better. Learn from this relationship and move on to brighter pastures.

She's not dangling you, you're letting yourself get played. There 'are' other people in the world, she found one, go ahead and try for yourself now.