+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex-boyfriend apologized to me?

My ex-boyfriend apologized to me?

After spending the last year of us being broken up going back and forth and being a d***head, my ex-boyfriend suddenly apologized, admitted he was wrong and that I didn't deserve any of it via Facebook chat (we're both at different schools.) We cleared the air and talked for a long while after that. He didn't mention anything about being friends.

He then, said, however, that he still wanted to meet up in person to talk about it. This might not be for like, another 3 or 4 months and he's well aware of that, but he said it twice.

What am I supposed to do or think here?

Unless he talked about getting back together, don't meet up with him if you still have feelings for him (which I think you do). I think he just wants to keep stringing you along so he can "meet up" with you when he pleases (i.e. use you, for sex or emotional comfort when he feels lonely). Even if his apologies were sincere, you should take them as what they are, apologies and nothing more. Move on : ).

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Say that you appreciate his apology and you wish him well. Who knows what he's thinking? Maybe he slept w/some other girls and now realizes what he has lost. If he treated you poorly, its unlikely he has changed, keep that in mind.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Obviously you still have feelings lingering, but don't let them lure you into false hope. Things didn't work out for a reason, now it's time to just say thanks but no thanks......time for you to move on with your life.

My ex sent me a message on Facebook a few weeks ago wanting to apologize for how our relationship ended early last year. Long story short, she was a total c*nt and really made me feel bad about myself.

I sent a fairly lengthy reply forgiving her for what she had done, but also informing her that it wasn't right, apology or not, and then I declined to see her for coffee and told her not to ask again. If you're feelings are dead, this is the route to take.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I did the same with an ex of mine about a year ago. I'd been a total dick when I ended it, and felt miserable about it. Egoistically, I felt the need to apologize and earn her forgiveness. Amazingly, she gave it. But it was just an email exchange, and shouldn't go any further. If you don't feel for him anymore, take it at that and don't allow any further contact. Had my ex met up with me in person, there is no telling what emotional BS might have cropped up. It was sad for me to realize that she was out of my life forever due to my actions, but it was incredibly healing to be able to apologize and tell her about it. In that way, you have already shown some greatness and helped him out. No need for any more.

riddle me re this one. Guy I didnt go out with, had lots of contact with, slept with twice has got in contact to say sorry about the way he acted....and hopes that I will FORGIVE him sometime......now saying you're sorry is one thing (to me) but asking someone to forgive you. What's that all about? I seriously dont get it. Saying sorry I'm fine with, asking someone to forgive you just brings up a shit load of bad memories. I don't even see why he'd even care about that when he acted like he didn't care in the first place. Men - answers on a postcard please!

Well sometimes it is that the person actually just wants apologize. I did that myself recently. My relationship just ended out of nowhere though and our break up was very confusing. Anyway though idk if I'd meet up with him since there's no reason to meet up and talk about it if he already apologized. He may still have feelings for you, but if he was really that much of a jerk well the saying goes once a jerk always a jerk. People rarely change. Remember that. I say be glad you got the satisfaction of an apology and just leave it at that.

[url=http://www.catherineangiel.com]Commitment Ring[/url]

why is that so?