+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Long Distance Girlfriend Of One Year Is Mia. Please Advise Me.

My Long Distance Girlfriend Of One Year Is Mia. Please Advise Me.

Hello.
    Me and my girlfriend of one year have had a pleasant and loving relationship; without any complications.

*I live in the US and she lives in Mexico.
    **We are both in our mid twenties.
    *** We were apart 8 months and have promised to see each other every winter / summer (5-6months).

I have noticed my girlfriend being a little distant during a couple weeks ago; because of her stressful work environment. After she quit her job, (which was about a week ago) I have not been able to contact her. Nothing was wrong in the relationship and I have even met her in person back 2-3 months ago.

She told me a bit( 2weeks ago) back that she needed time for herself (job drove her to stress) or she might go crazy otherwise. She is a trustful girl which I doubt cheating is involved but she has never called me back nor messaged me in 5 days.

I am pretty sure she is alive as I have seen her online a couple of times (couple seconds) in between this interim.

Even on a social feed network our relation status remains active with my "name".

She told me on the last day we spoke that she will contact me later but...

I called her twice on the first day, once on the fourth day and text'ed her on the fifth day.
    (Phone rings so I am assuming it is working fine.

I am really confused.

Should I attempt to go over her area soon and try to support? Showing up at door? I am not trying to be obsessive, rather I am really worried of her well being.

Message her to say that you're worried for her well-being and that you're coming over unless she reassures you she's fine. At least if she doesn't want you to come, she'll have to answer that.

My breakup with a long-distance partner started with avoiding to contact him even though I was around the computer many hours a day. But you don't know if she's falling into depression or just avoiding you, and you have to find out.