+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been a while since I've been here...

It's been a while since I've been here...

It's been a while since I've been on here. I just broke up with my girlfriend almost two weeks ago and I knew she took it hard. First time I've had to break up with someone. But it's been kind of odd since. She's been talking to my friend and basically blew up on him saying that she doesn't appreciate him telling me that she was insecure, which he didn't tell me...he didn't need to tell me that, then she apologized to him and said that everything was ok. Then today my dad asks me if I was still with her and tells me that she added him on facebook. To me that's kind of weird, I honestly don't know what to think. Her and my parents weren't that close, she would come over once in a blue moon and they were always nice to her, but heck...I'm not even my dad's friend on facebook and she knows that.

She wanted to be friends with me still and I said it would be ok but taking some time to think about it I think it's a very bad idea. I'm sure she's still really hung up on me and she said she still had hope for us, which I know it's over. She had a lot of problems that I couldn't fix, self-destructive problems (bulimia, overeating, and anorexia) and it was hurting our relationship, on top of her jealousy and neediness. I didn't find this out about the eating disorders till the end of the relationship when things were already kind of rocky and it was kind of the final straw that broke the camels back. I knew she needed help and I recommended multiple times she go to school counseling for it I even said I would go, but she never went and would never bring it up after. I couldn't tell her parents because I didn't know them that well and to be honest they could probably care less, they were traditional Asians and she told me her mom had already walked in on her once and they didn't do a thing about it.

At this point I don't know what to do. I'm thinking the best thing to do is just ignore her but at the same time we still see eachother quite frequently around school. She also has some of my things still, one of them worth close to $200, we just haven't had the time because of school to meet up and give back things.

So what should I tell her? I don't want to be an asshole. Should I mention the facebook thing with her blowing up on my friend as well as adding my dad? I don't want to upset her, but would it be mean to block her on facebook?
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 03-03-12 at 02:31 PM.

Hey,

You sound like a very respectful guy, and that's great.

Say to her that you would also like to be friends with her, but think it would be important for you both to have some space first.

Don't be thinking you are an asshole, because you are not. It is not your responsibility to go around fixing people and taking all the world's problems onto your shoulders. You did everything that you reasonably could to help her, and now she must let go.