+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on sex buddies...

"I'm not ready for something more serious" tells me I'm just here for the sex....so you are saying the majority of girls are too stupid to know any better?

I always say communication....nip it in the bud before spreading your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    "I'm not ready for something more serious" tells me I'm just here for the sex....so you are saying the majority of girls are too stupid to know any better?

I always say communication....nip it in the bud before spreading your legs.
    Tells me that too but we're not "girls." I don't mean most girls in general just most of the one's that come to forums wondering why the guy didn't want a relationship with them and so they feel "used."

As for "nipping it in the bud" with communication. I'ts a perfect solution ~ On paper. If only people didn't lie or lie through omission or actually knew what they wanted and then worked towards that goal without settling.. ya know.

I guess it depends on the individual...and how gullible. Just one of life's lessons. We don't learn anything unless we make mistakes.

Sure this scenario can play out indifferent ways, but being more cautious and proactive with weeding out the BS will give you a better chance of not getting yourself in this situation....no always 100% but it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I guess it depends on the individual...and how gullible. Just one of life's lessons. We don't learn anything unless we make mistakes.

Sure this scenario can play out indifferent ways, but being more cautious and proactive with weeding out the BS will give you a better chance of not getting yourself in this situation....no always 100% but it's better than nothing.
    No doubt.

I'll just say that when you've had a conversation about intentions then after that conversation to pay close attention so that you can see (through open eyes) if the actions match the words or not. If they don't, then believe the actions. I'm not ready for anything serious is enough for me to say next. For a hopeful dater.. it can certainly be ambiguous (particularily if you like the person who "isn't ready." If you (the general you) are going to play it out then his actions after that conversation will say a million.

No response to a request to meet is certainly an action that tells me what I need to know without a word being spoken. That action tells me clearly to next him.

Anyway.. I would be interested in knowing if he re-appears and acts like he just spoke to her yesterday and he's not done anything to be sorry for.

ciao
    Last edited by Wakeup; 11-03-12 at 05:32 AM.

Development....I saw the guy in question last night in a club last night and he pretty much ran in the other direction when he saw me. He was queuing for the cloak room when he saw me and he literally ran and didn't even get his jacket which was the funniest thing ever, my friends and I were standing there for 5 min laughing. I have never seen a 23 year old run like that before!

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower77 View Post
    Development....I saw the guy in question last night in a club last night and he pretty much ran in the other direction when he saw me. He was queuing for the cloak room when he saw me and he literally ran and didn't even get his jacket which was the funniest thing ever, my friends and I were standing there for 5 min laughing. I have never seen a 23 year old run like that before!
    What kind of a fktard is he? Well, my guess he is the asshole I first pegged him to be and that he ran "like a girl" because his ex (who he likely reconciled with was probably with him... (hence the disappearing act) the bolt would have been to avoid any confrontation or you giving the chick the down low. lol

He's definately an asshole and not a player (not that the two are mutually exclusive of course) if he was a player, he would have sauntered over and tried to pick back up where he just left off. If you had no self esteem, or respect for yourself, then he would have succeeded.

It's good you can laugh at the twerp.

Cheers.

Yeah you are right it makes sense. I would have probably said hi since after all I do know him and pretending that I don't is just childish but I wouldn't have spoken to him let alone told his girlfriend anything, if that is the case, I wouldn't want to get involved in his crap. Oh well that was that, I am likely to run into him again so poor guy will have to do quite a lot of running if he is planning to keep this up

Aaaand the idiot is back...I got a message from him yesterday asking me how i am doing and if ive had a good holiday I got sooo angry, seriously after pretending he doesnt know me a few weeks ago?! So i sent him a really sarcastic message back asking if he is done pretending he doesn't know me and he said is 'yeah sorry, so how was your easter' ...great...

Trying to pick up where he left off.....

Aaaand the idiot is back...I got a message from him yesterday asking me how i am doing and if ive had a good holiday I got sooo angry, seriously after pretending he doesnt know me a few weeks ago?! So i sent him a really sarcastic message back asking if he is done pretending he doesn't know me and he said is 'yeah sorry, so how was your easter' ...great...
    I'm boggled as to why you would have even responded. Guess what? He won AGAIN.

He plays you. Why do you keep letting him?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ha, he's trying to ignore the problem. You have two choices: ignore him (a la Wakeup) or make him squirm (a la Indi). What is your natural preference? I've always enjoyed giving jerks a hard time (service to the sisterhood) but you have to really not care.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I kinda wanna give him a hard time but im not exactly sure how, if you have any suggestions let me know hah He sent me another message telling me how he panicked because me asking him to get a drink sounded like i was heading in the relationship direction...bullshit. I replied mostly because i wanted to see what he would say and now that i know i am happy to let it go but that doesnt mean that i wouldnt want him to suffer a bit

He doesn't actually care about you. You can't make him suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Bingo! And, the more attention you give him (negative, positive or "uncaring" continued communication) the more he chuckles because it proves to him that he still can play you to give said attention.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Yes she can, he sent her another message. That = effort, even if he is being a jerk about it.

Anyway, you are probably best not to waste your inner bitch on this one. Just find another guy who isn't like him.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast