+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Thinking of proposing - too early?

Thinking of proposing - too early?

Hey guys (and gals),

I've been seeing this girl for 3 months now, and we have a really strong connection. She is basically my other half, I've never met anyone like her and she feels the same way about me. We have already talked about moving in together, the future, marriage, and even having kids. I know it's early in the relationship but I definitely see myself with her in the long run. We have already met each others parents (both of which like us), and we spend a lot of time together, sleeping over, etc. I feel a stronger connection towards her than I felt towards my ex after almost 3 years of dating...

Nothing in our relationship developed in a normal time frame, we both feel like we have known each other for much longer.

The way things are going now, I know I will definitely propose to her, but for some reason I have a strong urge to do it in the not too distant future. I know it takes a few years to truly get to know a person, but the way I see it, if we are engaged, we still have time before we marry. I figure we can be engaged for 2-3 years before we actually do get married...

I also almost know for a fact that if I were to propose to her, she wouldn't be scared away.

I'm 28 and she is 24, we are both done school and work full time.

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Way too soon, IMO. Of course, you can always have a longer engagement. Whatever you do, don't actually *get* married until you've known each other for at least 1 year.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't think it's too soon. If you feel as strongly as you say you do, then you don't want this one to get away. Get the ring and put it on her finger ASAP!

Too soon, but as long as you don't actually get into pre-nups and legal formalities it should be allowed to dream a little.

That feeling of "as if we'd known each other forever", we've all felt it at some point. It doesn't mean it'll work out. But you seem a bright and reasonable fellow, I'm sure you won't jump the gun unecessarily. All the best and enjoy the happiness!