+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Vacation fling

Vacation fling

I went on an overnight trip with a friend to a town about three hours from me. We went out to a bar where I met a guy. We hit it off incredibly well but he had to leave early with his friend. We swapped numbers and then my friend and I ended up drinking a lot. We went back to the hotel and the guy I met called and I invited him over. We of course had sex while my friend was out of the room. When we finished my friend came back and we talked for a few hours until it was incredibly late/early in the morning. Since we were all still pretty drunk I put up my tough girl I'm a heartbreaker image. In the morning we all went to breakfast and I tried to play off my feelings and appear to not be a typical girl who gets attached.

He was so sweet and really nice and very respectful. I really liked him and when I got home from the vacation I sent him a text and thanked him for making my trip awesome and invited him to drive up to my area sometime since he is new to California and to come visit. He responded with a vice versa thanks and said he'd give me a call.

I barely know this guy, but I can't stop thinking about him. He was a really good guy and incredibly good looking and I feel like I really put up the wrong front. I mean, I talked about sleeping around with different guys and I tend to do this if I'm really attracted to someone but don't feel like I'm on their level (it's weird, I know but it's something I'm trying to work on).

Would it be weird if I texted him just to say hi? He lives three hours away and I really liked spending time with him. Is it just the curiosity of what could have happened if things were different? Or do I just leave it be?

He said he'd give a call so I would leave it at that. If a guy is interested, he will definitely get in touch.

Whether you are really attracted to someone or not, I don't know what good will come out of telling people that you are sleeping around with different guys. You should stop that altogether.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Don't let anybody know about your sleeping around.. ''ZIP IT'' with that. That could make him think about you as just ''an easy hit'' and don't let his looks get to you, if he wants something with you, a date maybe, interested in anyway, he will call or text, other than that if he never contacts you again then let it go.

Portaying yourself as a slut was not a great move, especially to a nice guy.

It may be too late to repair the damage.

Sure, you should text him ... what do you have to lose? If he responds, great! But you have to make it clear you are not just a booty call.

No, it wouldn't be weird if you texted him.

Wait for his call, and if he doesn't you have your answer. I don't get why you'd act articially in front of him in the first place...how is this supposed to make a man honestly interested in you as a person instead of just someone he had sex with? If he is interested, it'll be because of the false image you gave him, which I'm sure you don't want. Might want to work on that.

Not all men are d-bags and emotional tin cans. Show your affection and be honest about yourself, anything else just leads to confusion and annoyance in the end.

I mean, I talked about sleeping around with different guys and I tend to do this if I'm really attracted to someone but don't feel like I'm on their level
    Great way to get rid of a guy. Now he knows you don't like commitments. He may or may not call. I'm not judging you, but the way you act definitely influences how other people think of you.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)