+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Signals?

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Where do u get the sense of man-hatred? I'm simply annoyed by you implying that just because YOU can't imagine not being intimate when lying in bed twice with a girl, NO man could. THAT is where you are fulfilling a clichée about men in general, one I do not share and it's an image of manhood I reject. I am 27, heterosexual, and have been in several longterm and sexually very active relationships. Not that it matters at all. For that matter, age has nothing whatsoever to do with the level of depth you are capable of. I admit I made the comment out of annoyance and a bit ignorantly so, I'll apologize for that.

However, I am not male-bashing, I am simply stating that you shouldn't lead women to believe that just because you, as a healthy heterosexual man can't imagine intimacy without sex, no straight man could. Your view is one thing, generalizing is another. If you can't realize that I am telling you exactly why THAT is reinforcing a sexist view in itself and defending manhood as much more complex and deep than just that and accuse me of "man-bashing", you have no clue whatsoever.

1. Where do u get the sense of man-hatred?

From every (second) sentence you write. "more men are douchbages than females", you repeat cliches about men. This is sexist, man-hating bullshit.

Let me repeat now:

I beg you, beseech you, ask of you: please repeat some cliches about females (better still feministas), black people, Jewish people, etc.

Will you do it, smartass? Will you? Until you do, remain silent.

2. I'm simply annoyed by you implying that just because YOU can't imagine not being intimate when lying in bed twice with a girl, NO man could.

You are annoyed at something I never wrote or said. Again, read my posts. If you are annoyed at something in your life in general, like your father, please work on that.

3. THAT is where you are fulfilling a clichée about men in general, one I do not share and it's an image of manhood I reject.

You are repeating cliches again. See my item 1 hereinabove. A lot of women, including here, fulfill some cliches about females. Please repeat some of those cliches about females. I beg of you.

Then again, it is good you have an image of manhood. We can maybe talk about it in a different thread.

4. I am 27, heterosexual, and have been in several longterm and sexually very active relationships. Not that it matters at all. For that matter, age has nothing whatsoever to do with the level of depth you are capable of. I admit I made the comment out of annoyance and a bit ignorantly so, I'll apologize for that.

Apology accepted.

5. However, I am not male-bashing,

Yes, you were. By repeating cliches and hurting stereotypes promoted in order to further the man-hating feminazi agenda of blaming males for all ills of the world and absolving females of all responsibility. I am having none of this bullshit.

6. I am simply stating that you shouldn't lead women to believe that just because you, as a healthy heterosexual man can't imagine intimacy without sex, no straight man could. Your view is one thing, generalizing is another.

Again, I never wrote what you are alluding to. If I have and have forgotten since, can you please quote where I am saying I don't imagine intimacy without sex? Otherwise, you are misrepresenting...

7. If you can't realize that I am telling you exactly why THAT is reinforcing a sexist view in itself and defending manhood as much more complex and deep than just that and accuse me of "man-bashing", you have no clue whatsoever.

Manhood is indeed complex and deep and, truth be told, I am happy you care about it. Men like us, who care about it, need each other to refute this insane man-hating BS that we are being force-fed (suffice to say please watch some "Western" media and mind how men are portrayed there, read some statistics on divorce, divorce settlements, the plight of men in such situations) which is actually hurting females a lot as well.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Buahahahahahaha yeah... you crunch... you Tarzan... you gnaw... you tough... on the Iterwebz ;-) lol
    LOL, yes exactly. We all have our fun here. Some just have it in non-standard ways. It gets boring giving the same old advice to the same problems. We used to be able to refer to our archive, which was awesome, but I think we lost it when the forum platform was changed several years ago. Anyway, Jane say sorry for invading your Man-Thread, Tarzan.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL, yes exactly. We all have our fun here. Some just have it in non-standard ways. It gets boring giving the same old advice to the same problems. We used to be able to refer to our archive, which was awesome, but I think we lost it when the forum platform was changed several years ago. Anyway, Jane say sorry for invading your Man-Thread, Tarzan.
    Hahahahaha yeah, that is actually quite funny Jane ;-)

And smackie again trolling ask a male thread lolz... Well, she has an opinion, you know... because she knows... she read so many books, you know... :-) :-)
    Want some cheese with that wine?

Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha ;-) cool story, bro ;-)

Let me rephrase: I am now 38 years old. I would NEVER end up in a bed with a woman and just cuddle. I would cuddle after intimacy. I am sure gay men "like" the women they "go to bed together" with, and "cuddle", but I do not think the OP had exactly this in mind when she asked the question.

There are some women I "like" with whom I would cuddle, but never in the same bed. Does this make me damaged? Probably...

There is no way a heterosexual man, past the age of 13 and a half, ends up in bed with you twice and noting happens intimacy wise. Unless, of course, if he is gay or .... ... ... simply not that into you.
    That is where you state exactly that you cannot imagine being in bed with a woman and not try to copulate with her. You even admit it makes you seem damaged. You also say there is "no way" a heterosexual man could keep his cock in his pants apparently, only if he were gay....so that's exactly what i'm talking about, you have your way of doing things and are generalizing for all mankind. That is ignorant, you are reinforcing a sexist clichée about men with your statements, it's not me talking about stereotypes, it's you behaving like one. Again, just because you behave that way doesn't mean all of us do.

Again this is all for the attention, the more you post against him the more attention he is getting.......you are feeding his addiction for getting you all rialled up lol.

Thanks for the quote, I now see where you are coming from.

1. That is where you state exactly that you cannot imagine being in bed with a woman and not try to copulate with her.

Errr.... actually, yes, you are right. With one correction, not always "intimacy"="copulation"...

And yes, If I were in bed with a woman twice and nothing happened (nobody made a move), I'd feel very strange about it. I'd think either she isn't into me, or I am not into her... So, yeah...

2. You even admit it makes you seem damaged.

I was trying to be sarcastic but failed, shoulda put an emoticon there... I may be damaged but probably not for the reason(s) we are discussing here.

3. You also say there is "no way" a heterosexual man could keep his cock in his pants apparently, only if he were gay....so that's exactly what i'm talking about, you have your way of doing things and are generalizing for all mankind.

I think you are making a connection here where there isn't one. True, I think a heterosexual man would not be in bed with a woman twice and nothing would happen. I did not mean to say that only a gay man would do such a thing. A straight man might end up in this position, but there would be something mighty awkward about it, I think...

4. That is ignorant, you are reinforcing a sexist clichée about men with your statements, it's not me talking about stereotypes, it's you behaving like one.

Again, why do you insist on typecasting me as this or that stereotype??? As I wrote before, would you repeat cliches, however justified, about other groups? Would you reproach a Jewish man for acting in a way that reinforces some cliche you hold??? Or a black woman?

I am not reinforcing anything except my own view, based on my experience, if you don't like it, fine present your own opinion, but only because you don't like it, it don't mean my experience or opinion is "wrong" or politically incorrect... I understand I represent about the only group of people (white, heterosexual, non-Jewish males) who can be slurred and denigrated without major consequences, but please... you are going too far...

Only because you hold a certain position it does not mean other opinions are "ignorant".

5. Again, just because you behave that way doesn't mean all of us do.

This much is obvious, but why do you need to state this time and time again? I never said I wanted you to be or act like me? Fine, say you do not agree with me, but what is this? Do I keep telling you that not all people think or act like you? Of course not! Why? Cause it is obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    That is where you state exactly that you cannot imagine being in bed with a woman and not try to copulate with her. You even admit it makes you seem damaged. You also say there is "no way" a heterosexual man could keep his cock in his pants apparently, only if he were gay....so that's exactly what i'm talking about, you have your way of doing things and are generalizing for all mankind. That is ignorant, you are reinforcing a sexist clichée about men with your statements, it's not me talking about stereotypes, it's you behaving like one. Again, just because you behave that way doesn't mean all of us do.
    fwiw: I give this post two thumbs up. Coming from one man (miffy) (who has no trouble attracting the opposite sex) to another it says much... and, it says it without a hint of misogyny or PUA mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Again this is all for the attention, the more you post against him the more attention he is getting.......you are feeding his addiction for getting you all rialled up lol.
    Her again... Why are you posting here then if you don't want to give me attention hahahahaha

No, my objective is not to get off off anyone's emotional turmoil but it is interesting why you should have projected that...

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    fwiw: I give this post two thumbs up. Coming from one man (miffy) (who has no trouble attracting the opposite sex) to another it says much... and, it says it without a hint of misogyny or PUA mentality.
    You are projecting your insecurities. Miffy does have an interesting opinion, one that would cater to a female's insecurities, actually, this is his PU method.
    Last edited by Sixpacj; 17-03-12 at 01:44 AM. Reason: redundant question deleted

Miffy does have an interesting opinion, one that would cater to a female's insecurities, actually, this is his PU method.
    Sure, cause he's clearly trying to pick up women on this forum.

You are projecting your insecurities. Miffy does have an interesting opinion, one that would cater to a female's insecurities, actually, this is his PU method.

Is this why you are assuming he has no problems attracting women? No sarcasm here, am really asking out of curiosity...
    No this is not why I think he has no problem picking up women. I base it on his own words. (from another thread) If you think I shouldn't be doing that, that it's an assumption then you best check yourself because you are expecting us to believe you by yours.

Sure, cause he's clearly trying to pick up women on this forum.
    just in case you missed it, Six. Searock is being sarcastic. :o)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    No this is not why I think he has no problem picking up women. I base it on his own words. (from another thread) If you think I shouldn't be doing that, that it's an assumption then you best check yourself because you are expecting us to believe you by yours.

just in case you missed it, Six. Searock is being sarcastic. :o)
    lol ;-) good point

Just an update. Told him I liked him and alas, he doesnt feel the same! But at least I know now, and I also know I can face my fear of rejection and get over it. Interestingly though he was being totally ambiguous. Never actually said he didnt like me he just said that we "were too good friends so it would be awkward" that it wasnt "black or white" and that "it might happen in the future, never say never". This slightly pissed me off coz Im not just an option but how and ever, he was clearly just flattering his own ego and made the mistake of being a bit assholeish purely because he was just trying to be nice. Think im with the "hes just not that into you" ideas for future though, if a guy wants me he'll make the effort!

Yeah he was just too chicken-shit to actually tell you flat out he's not interested in that way. He probably cares for you, which is why it's hard for him to be honest and blunt, which is always the best way to go about it...but you caught his drift. Next time you'll find a more mature guy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast