+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Liking an ex girlfriends relationship status on facebook. What do you think?

Liking an ex girlfriends relationship status on facebook. What do you think?

Hey guys you always give me great insight/advice so I wanted to run this past you.

I woke up this afternoon to find that my ex girlfriend is now in a relationship. I'm a bit shocked but it is barely bothering me. A good sign which I'm happy about.

I have a rocky history with this girl and there were times I engaged in passive aggressive behavior of not contacting her which I apologized to her about some time ago.

I've recently not been contacting her as well but for a different reason. It's not going to work out between us so I want emotional distance for her and I so the history of bad feelings can dissipate and we can go our separate ways without the burden of attachment.

I'm thinking by liking her relationship status will be a show of support that I wish her well as I know she is unhappy when she is single and happy when shes with someone. A way of showing I want the best for her.

On the flip side I see liking a status a very impersonal and perhaps meaningless way of showing that support. Something a junior high kid would do not an adult? Perhaps it would be better to send a text that tells her I am happy for her even though it hurts a little. I guess I just don't want her to think I'm somewhere passively aggressively being angry.

There is a chance she would see either action as a slap in the face however. Maybe even a reverse psychology of trying to hurt her sour grapes style.

So I'm going to take your advice and live with it. Either way I'm glad this whole mess seems to be on it's way out the door.

Thank you! =)

Congrats on not being upset that she has a b/f ... you are in the final stages of getting over her.

I wouldn't acknowledge her changed FB status at all. Since you are no longer in contact, a FB post from you out of the blue comes across as a bit creepy. Also, she may have told her new boyfriend "My ex b/f THX and I never talk any more." So your post may inadvertantly put her in an awkward position.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If in doubt, do nothing.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

OMG! I love you guys. Always get the best advice and reasons why!!! Thanks Carl that makes a TON of sense! =)