+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she cancelled our first date what to do?

she cancelled our first date what to do?

hello ok let me start from beginning i'll try to keep it short without leaving too much details out

last week my friends were trying to set me up with this girl they met from work they invited her to bowling (we do this every week) last friday. at the bowling we were just hanging out drinking playing games and of course enjoy the bowling then my friends invited her to a local sport bar on monday she said ok by the end of the night i got her facebook and we exchanged numbers. the night end we left the bowling as i was driving home i got a text from her saying she had so much fun so i told her i did too and we should do it again soon she said "for sure!"

next day i met up with my friends again and one of them told me that she actually told her about me before we went to bowling so she knew it was a set up my friend also asked her after bowling what did she think about me and she said i was adorable and she had a blast i was really happy to hear that but i wasn't going to contract her yet i wanted to wait a bit

monday came i decided its time to make contract so i texted her jokingly "hey remember we have a date tonight 9pm ok?" she replied "i remember lol i'll be there!" right before 9pm she texted me asking if i was there yet i said almost and she said shes on her way so i told her i would wait for her out front so we can walk in there together

at the bar she showed up we walked in together we sat next to each other then we were just hanging out with other friends then one of my friend grab my phone and try to take a picture of me and her together i didn't notice that cuz i was talking to another friend she actually tap me on the back i turn around and she was like "hey picture time" we took a few pictures together before end of the night i asked her to come to bowling again on friday and she said ok then the night ended we all went home

after that night i started texting her flirting/joking with her and she seemed to enjoy it she would laugh back or say something like "aw ur too sweet" etc. during that time i actually invited her to come see me at work(i own a restaurant) so she can try my cooking and she said ok

then thursday she texted me asking if i will make her a dinner i told her only if she buy me a beer at bowling the next day she said deal! so she came over to my restaurant i cooked her something luckily it was a slow night so i had a chance to talk to her she told me that for bowling she will go but she also has to go to her friends birthday party so she might have to leave early i said thats fine after talking to her for like an hour i finally asked her out on a date and she agreed we set it for sunday

while we were talking at my restaurant one of my friend texted me asking if i wanted to go shoot some pool with them so i asked her if she would come too she said she was suppose to meet up with her friends later but she doesn't want to go with them anyway so she would go with me and my friends. so we went to shoot some pool and hanging out the night end we left then i texted her "goodnight " she said "night sweetie!"

friday....this is when i feel things started to go wrong i texted asking if she was just gonna meet us at bowling she said shes probably not gonna make it cuz the birthday party start earlier than she thought so i told her thats fine but shes still gonna owe be a beer she wont get away with it she laughed...at the end of bowling i texted her that we won the bowling and i beat my old record she was like "good deal!"

this morning i texted her asking if she know this one restaurant in town and if she want to go there for our date tomorrow she texted me back saying "i honestly don't think i can make it tomorrow my mom is coming home and i have so much to do i didn't even think about it when i said sunday was good" so i told her "aw that's cool maybe some other time?" and that was the end of it i haven't heard back from her yet i knew her mom was out of town and she was coming back so shes not lying about that but so much to do and have to cancelled a date? i don't know

sorry if the story was too long lol but if u read it all to me i think everything was going really really well then suddenly she decided to cancelled the date left me confuse and don't know what to do here i mean i don't really have next move plan out i was thinking taking her on a date see how things go then go from there but she cancelled it so now im struck don't know what's going on and don't know what to do next should i wait for a few days and ask her out again? should i call her now yell at her for getting my hope up?(i wouldn't actually do that don't worry)

please tell me what to do (

Chill out! It would have been nicer if she had contacted you to cancel for Sunday, but not that big a deal as long as it doesn't become a habit. Sounds like she has a lot on her mind this weekend, cut her some slack!

Call her in a few days and ask her out again. Don't even bring up the cancellation.

You seem like the possessive type. Let her breathe, she'll call you when she's not busy.

thanks for replies

the thing is i've had some bad experience with this kinda situation before i was kinda talking to this girl things were going really good then suddenly she got cold feet and start ignoring me then finally she told me she wasn't ready for relationship guess what? 2 months later she was in relationship with another guy

anyway thats in the past i'm over it but i'm just afraid same thing will happen again

about this girl tho i think she's really in to me she knew the first night was set up she still came and even texted me after we left she laughed at my jokes she wanted to be in picture with me she came to see me at work by herself then she accepted the date all these things just make me feel like wow this is going really good then she cancelled the date

yeah it could be that she really have something to do or really have good reason to cancel it maybe im just worry too much anyway i think what im gonna do is wait for a few days not contracting her then i think tuesday i'm gonna get some friends together somewhere and i'm gonna text her "hey i'm going to this place with some friends at this time if u can make it you're invited"

how that sounds?