+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Expression of feeling to a best friend

Expression of feeling to a best friend

i have feelings for a friend (girl) whom i found after a very long time, she asked me that do i have feelings for her or not ? i didn,t say anything at first but i wrote her in decent way and told her everything ; she was not upset and was very happy of my truthfullness and she was confused too but she didn,t say anything yes or not ; we haven't seen eachother for years we have chat for almost 2 years and we are still best friends but i can,t wait for her answer i don't know what will be her answer ? any advice on what she is thinking ?

Well I wish I could be positive but if she didn't respond right away, that isn't always a good thing. Just don't push it, make yourself scarce for awhile, make her chase after you....trust me girls like a challenge, don't make it easy for her or she will lose interest.

Why did she ask if you had feelings for her in the first place, what made her suspect?

I'll tell you two things that happened to me in the past few years.

1. A couple years ago, I confessed my feelings to my best friend. The response was also "I am confused and I need to think". After a sexual-tension-ful year and a half later, during which we got even more strongly emotionally connected to each other, we finally started dating as a couple and now we are in a happy, wonderful relationship. We are both in it for the long haul and we love each other to bits. Our connection, on every level, is amazing. It took us an year and a half, but I always knew that we would eventually get together. He's a guy and I'm a girl.

2. Last year, a really good friend of mine went through some terrible times. I had had similar experiences, so I talked to him about them and let him know I would be there for him if he felt like venting or even just to chat. He is a very reserved, shy person, so it wasn't easy for him to open up with me, he only did it because he knew I could have understood. We developed a really strong and deep emotional connection, we talked every day and shared long, profound e-mails late at night. We really understood each other as no one had ever done before. He fell in love with me. I didn't - no matter the depth and beauty of our conversations and connection, I was never attracted to him. He confessed his feelings to me, I told him I understood and I was awfully sorry to cause him pain, but I told him that our friendship would've remained exactly the same (strong and beautiful as always), if it was ok for him. It seemed to be ok, but then I told him (as I would've told any good friend) about my newly-born relationship with my bf, and since then it became really awkward (even though I NEVER lead him on, I was in another relationship when he first met me and he never knew I broke up with my ex until I told him about my new bf). Now we barely speak at all, and I feel like I've lost a wonderful friend.

We can't know what will happen. How long has it been since you confessed your feelings to her? I'd say give it a week's time. If she hasn't told you anything by then, move on.
    Last edited by searock; 12-03-12 at 06:00 AM.

smackie9 thanks for your opinion i am currently doing exactly what you said.
    and searock i asked her the same why u feel i like you but she didn't reply and i have this feeling that she has something in her heart for me but the problem is she has not seen me. i have confessed my feelings like month ago are still friends i will ofcourse will move on weather its yes or no.

What do you mean, she has not seen you? Don't you see each other on a regular basis (you are best friends)?

no we do not see eachother on regular basis we are integrating through internet on regular basis

Oh... I see. I suggest you find a girl closer to you then, no matter what she says : ).