+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Think she likes me? Awkward position!

Think she likes me? Awkward position!

Okay, so recently one of my best friends (this is why it's difficult) split up with his girlfriend. I was at a party over the weekend and got speaking to her. She told me I was funny and she said I was a cool guy. Throughout nearly all of the party towards the end of the night she was with me, sitting on my lap. I did the gentleman thing and gave her my jacket to keep her warm. We were both drunk but we've both admitted to remembering what happened on the night so I don't really think it's a drunken mistake. Generally we chilled together at the party, got to know one another, did a little grinding and hung out. After I got home from the party with my friend I decided to text her. I started out the conversation by just a love heart because we had been talking at the party and I wanted to speak to her for a little longer. Please note there's no doubt I'm attracted to her, she's a very pretty girl.

The following are parts from the conversation we had at about 2 AM in the morning. I quote exactly:

Me: "<3"

Her: "<3 how's the walk?"

Me: "We got a taxi so it's all good."
    Me: ""

Her: "hahaha. So is that good?"

Me: "Yeaaaah! At *** house just chilling. You have a good night?"

Her: "Cool yeah was good, did youuu?"

Me: "Yeah it was awesome! Hope I'm gonna see you at ****'s! x"

Her: "Of course you will! omg I'm so tired hahaha!x"

Me: "Okay awesome and yeah I'll let you sleep then. Peace! x"

Her: "Hahahaha, nahh we aint sleeping yet, having a girlie chat x"

Me: "Haha fair enough such a good night though and ****'s next week too! x"

Her: "Yeah so so so excited you seem do different!x"

Me: "good or bad? <3"

Her: "Good your funny <3"

Me: " that's good then! x"
    Me: "you looked hott tonight though, just throwin that out there x"

Her: "Hahahaha thank you.. I hate how boys don't think they can talk to me cause I've just broke up, I can still talk rightt"

Me: "yeah I feel you, **** that though ryan is one of my best mates but you're a beautiful girl and I'm not gonna refrain cause of him. you're single after all x"

After that little conversation I feel asleep and we didn't really speak until the next morning. I apologized for not texting her back, she asked how I was feeling etc. The regular shit. The one thing that made me think she might like me is when the conversation went like this:

Her: "Do you remember what you was saying to me?x"

Me: "Yeah obviously! we still down for that amazing sex then yeah hahahaha x"
    At this point I'll tell you that during the night I joked about us having sex. Inappropriate but I was drunk anyway and she didn't seem too hesitant.

Her: "I genuinely thought you was just saying it cause you was ****ed! Hahahaha wouldn't it bother you? Cause of ***(ex-boyfriend, my friend)x"

I interpreted the above as her potentially agreeing to have sex with me and just questioning whether or not I'd be bothered because of her relationship with my friend. Later on she addressed issues with her ex to me (there were photos of me and her on Facebook, she was sitting on my lap etc.) I helped her out and reassured her that it'd be cool. Today she has been getting trouble from other people because her ex said she admitted to liking someone else (not me, some other guy I know) but she told me personally that she didn't know what she was thinking and was confused. This is what makes me a little less enthusiastic because if she likes someone else (I'm not sure if she does, but when I asked her about it she said "we're just good friends") then I don't want to be wasting my time. While typing this she was obviously flirting with him over Facebook which disheartens me but I'm not gonna let it get to me, I don't really give a **** if she doesn't like me because I can just move on.

I'm going to another party this Saturday and I don't really know how to be confronting her. Any advice would be much appreciated and thanks a lot if you managed to read this far!

For starters what age are you? Secondly, if its just sex you're after I wouldnt go for your best friends ex..plenty of other girls would be up for it without having to get messy or awkward. If you really like her though, just keep the friendship going and see what happens. Only if you really like her, otherwise you'd be better off moving on to the next one!

hey to build a rapport with someone regarding love that will always be there to listen to whats happening with you and your love life visit [url]www.lovebytes.us[/url] and click contact us! just saying!!!

Why would you post the exact message exchange? How old are you, really? I am curious.

Anyway, it's just flirting. Words can be a turn-on but don't mean she actually "wants" you. If you want to sleep with her, make your move at that party, just be aware it'll probably not turn into anything serious by the sound of it. You're probably both in your teens. Make sure you use protection right? Sounds like a lot of "getting drunk to get close".

You've had way too little contact to get any solid advice. If you want her, go for her and find out for yourself, just be mature about it.