+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To you "girl magnets" out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    1. Women go to clubs to get their emotional state from the ambient lights, music, etc., be stimulated by the emotional atmosphere, they can be quite hooked on this. I know a lot of my female friends do this, and have described it this way. I know virtually no male who has such feelings, but maybe I still get to meet one.

2. Women decorate their flats/rooms, choose colours, decorations, accessories. They get their emotional state from their environments, in the sense that if there is something dirty around, they feel dirty themselves. I think you women on here will agree (e.g. like when men do not take garbage out). Therefore, women's places are usually "cute", pleasant, soothing, calming...Men do not feel that way. Men can live in a pigsty and be happy. Why? Cause they depend less on the outside environment for their emotional state.
    What Wakeup and Smackie said. Spot on, both of them.

3. Women flee social situations where the emotional vibe changes to awkward. Actually, there is nothing women seem to abhor more than social awkwardness (cause it causes them to feel awkward themselves). This is by no means an "erroneous generalisation", but an established fact. Again, I am pretty sure, women here will agree.
    Some women do flee from awkward social situations. So do some men. Actually, in my personal experience, it is way more often men who "flee" or are more uncomfortable in awkward social situations. So, based on my direct experience, I could truthfully state the opposite of what you did. I won't do it because I know that it's just a silly generalization: it has nothing to do with gender, it's just about the personality of each individual.

4. Therefore, because women's emotional state is more dependent on the outside than men's,
    This is false (see above).

if you're a man with rocksolid mental state, you're happy, stable, and your moods do not swing much, you will be for her a beacon of stability in which she can trust. She will feel your stable happiness, her mirror neurons will pick up on this and she will start feeling stable and happy herself. This is something that women go crazy about, in my experience so far and the experience of other men and women I have talked to so far.
    This is true for lots of women, especially those with no insecurity or self-esteem issues. It is also true for lots of men of the same type. Many other women and many other men tend to be attracted to the opposite thing. They will more likely go after a guy (or girl) who is everything but stable. I know this for a fact.

Are you questioning that women pick up on external emotional vibes/moods more than men?
    In my experience, most women do tend to understand what other persons are feeling more quickly and accurately than most men. This does NOT imply that their own mood will in any way be affected by such understanding. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. As happens to men.

Are you questioning that women take greater care to feel good in a nice environment (flat/room/house)?
    I am not questioning this. I know for a fact that it is false (see smackie's comment about men decorating their homes with trophies, sports stuff, rock posters and such).

Are you questioning that women crave strong, stable, internally happy, purpose-driven (i.e. they adapt reality to their objectives, not the other way round) men? Really?
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    No, it isn't. You're spreading mis-information and old wives tales. It's not your fault you (like most others) don't know any better.
    Spot-on, had prepared a longer response, might actually post it.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Guys go to Heavy Metal concerts and get a emotional high from the music along with the stage show (lights and pyrotechincs). The head thrashing and devil hand signs raised in the air is an indication they are hooked on the atmosphere....a lot of my male friends have gone to over 200 of these shows.
    2. Women decorate their flats/rooms, choose colours, decorations, accessories. They get their emotional state from their environments, in the sense that if there is something dirty around, they feel dirty themselves. I think you women on here will agree (e.g. like when men do not take garbage out). Therefore, women's places are usually "cute", pleasant, soothing, calming...Men do not feel that way. Men can live in a pigsty and be happy. Why? Cause they depend less on the outside environment for their emotional state. [/QOUTE]

Well you better tell all those men out there that have "man caves". Men may not have "cute" decorating, but they do surround themselves with things that make them feel emotionally comfortable and happy.....It will look different but they will have their signed football nicely displayed in a case to their beers from all over the world collection in the bookcase. I've seen garages converted into the most amazing man rooms with 100" flat screen, beautiful modern cabinets, with glass tile back splash, leather furniture. And don't say men don't care because my husband just spend 4000 on a tool shed that looks like a damn show home.

I know women who live worse than a pig does. So it's not gender restricted like you say. It's totally personality differences.

[/QOUTE] 3. Women flee social situations where the emotional vibe changes to awkward. Actually, there is nothing women seem to abhor more than social awkwardness (cause it causes them to feel awkward themselves). This is by no means an "erroneous generalisation", but an established fact. Again, I am pretty sure, women here will agree.

Men do not do such things. Men's emotional state is less dependent on the environment.

[/QUOTE]

Again this is not restricted to gender, it depends on the individuals personality.

As for #4. Girls go crazy for unstable, bad boy, trouble making losers. Well again it depends on the type of girl that goes for that type. Too stable for some girls who like drama get bored and go find someone who they can cause trouble with.[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, your answer is irrelevant to the question OP asked. Go back and read it. It goes what is it like to be a chick-magnet and what it feels like.

I gave him an answer of what has worked for me and why I think it worked.

What are you trying to tell now:

1. That it didn't work?
    2. That it did work but not for the reason I explained?
    3. That you think women are not instantly, physically attracted to certain men with certain attributes? That if they are it is somehow "offensive to women" and other women should be defended against it? hahahaha ;-)

You pick an exception to the rule to claim the rule does not hold true. This is false. Why? Here is why:

Thesis: "women love sex with men."

Antithesis: "no, they don't, I am sure there are women who want sex with women". or: "no, I know women who don't like sex".

What does this tell us? That the thesis is wrong? Of course not, only that there are exceptions to the general rule, that holds true for the majority. What I wrote about how being a "chick magnet" works is still true, and of course there are women who don't like sex, are homosexual, there are men who are sensitive, decorate their rooms and flee awkwardness...

How do all your silly answers help the OP or provide him with any useful info?

My point was that if you are a mentally stable man, internally happy and not looking for outside sources or validation or happiness, women will be (almost) instantly sexually attracted. I explained why this works, in my opinion. This is what the OP asked about.

You then flooded this threat with some logorrhea on why there are exceptions to the reasons I provided. So what?

Do you have anything to say what it is like to be instantly attractive to females and why you think it works? Do you? If not, be quiet.

To wrap up, your points do not make sense. And you have posted them in a wrong thread.
    Last edited by Sixpacj; 17-03-12 at 01:37 AM. Reason: excessive profanity removed

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    What Wakeup and Smackie said. Spot on, both of them.

Some women do flee from awkward social situations. So do some men. Actually, in my personal experience, it is way more often men who "flee" or are more uncomfortable in awkward social situations. So, based on my direct experience, I could truthfully state the opposite of what you did. I won't do it because I know that it's just a silly generalization: it has nothing to do with gender, it's just about the personality of each individual.

This is false (see above).

This is true for lots of women, especially those with no insecurity or self-esteem issues. It is also true for lots of men of the same type. Many other women and many other men tend to be attracted to the opposite thing. They will more likely go after a guy (or girl) who is everything but stable. I know this for a fact.

In my experience, most women do tend to understand what other persons are feeling more quickly and accurately than most men. This does NOT imply that their own mood will in any way be affected by such understanding. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. As happens to men.

I am not questioning this. I know for a fact that it is false (see smackie's comment about men decorating their homes with trophies, sports stuff, rock posters and such).

See above.
    See my answer to Smackie. What the females here have posted is irrelevant.

The question was what it is like to be instantly attractive to females and what it feels like.

I gave an answer and why I think it works. Give yours and explain why you think it works.

Your whole "line of reasoning" is the following, more or less:

1. Men are instantly attracted to young-looking women with big eyes and symetric faces, with proper hip-to-waist ratio, who will likely give birth to strong offspring.

2. You then claim: no, no, no... some men are attracted to men, some men like fat women, and then you go off on a discours on relationships and romanse.

Yeah, it is all fine and interesting, but beside the point. The vast majority of men will still be attracted to the women I described hereinabove.
    Last edited by Sixpacj; 16-03-12 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    It is in a way, since a tendency to violence is a built-in function of the male hormone, for instance. I'm not going into details here, just saying there is a background to this and it's fairly common knowledge, I'm not talking about unicorns and fairies here.
    I disagree. Violence is built in women, sometimes to a much higher degree. Not physical, of course, cause they'd never survive that. But even this is changing these days, c.f. female gangs and their brutality.

Have you ever worked/been in an all-female environment? Have you seen the hatred, emotional violence, backstabbing?
    Last edited by Sixpacj; 17-03-12 at 01:35 AM. Reason: profanity removed

See my answer to Smackie. What the females here have posted is irrelevant.
    It was a reply to your reasoning. We provided proof (based on experience) that many points in your reasoning are false: men are influenced by the exterior environment as much as women are. So even if your thesis (women are more attracted to men who aren't influenced by the exterior environment) were true, the reasoning behind it wouldn't.

Also, in your post it seemed like you were affirming that *all* men gain their happiness from within rather than without, as opposed to women, who in your opinion do the opposite. I must have misinterpreted, since if that were the case, according to you women would be attracted to all men equally...?

FWIW (not that it's relevant to the topic), I think that most people are very much influenced by the environment they are in.

The question was what it is like to be instantly attractive to females and what it feels like.

I gave an answer and why I think it works. Give yours and explain why you think it works.
    As I said, I disagree with the reasons for which you think it works. I also disagree with the thesis itself, actually. As I said in my previous post, there are LOTS of women (perhaps the majority) who are attracted to men that provide them with drama and emotional rollercoasters (have a look around the forums). A stable man would do nothing for them, the relationship would get boring after a while. It may be unhealthy, but that's how it is. I know it from experience (my own and my friends').

To answer the OP's question. By "girl magnets" I'm assuming he meant guys whom girls are attracted to without even talking to them once, right? In that case, based on experience, I think most girls are attracted to guys that are intriguing to them, move and look at stuff in a sexy way, and have a low-pitched voice (not creepily low) and large protecting shoulders compared to the rest of the body. All the girls I've ever known are repulsed by creepy guys, and turned off by "desperate" guys. Loads of girls are attracted to the "brooding" type of guy, so it has nothing to do with the guy being happy: that depends on the girl whether she finds it attractive or not. Same thing goes for shy guys - some girls are crazy for them, others find them boring, and so on.
    Last edited by searock; 16-03-12 at 03:42 PM.

This thread is just full of pseudo-psych stuff.

I don't know if I'm a girl magnet or not. It's certainly flattering to know that you are attractive, but I just never cared about attention, unless it was a girl I liked. And I'm with the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and she's a pretty nice GF overall. Can't say that much else other than that matters. People tend to be preoccupied with their ego, and for many, that's largely defined by their social status and appearance. It's distracting, and I like going on journey's of self-discovery. It took a few sample rejections before I finally got that into my thick skull.

This the only way sixpac can get any attention from women....that's why he is here......and it's working! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    No, it isn't. You're spreading mis-information and old wives tales. It's not your fault you (like most others) don't know any better.
    It is not an old wives' tale, the effects of testosterone are basic chemistry 101...read it up...archetypical male behaviour and why males behave in certain ways is psychology 101..look it up. And again, you seem to think (like many others here do), that because this is the basis and the core, everyone actually DOES behave like that and it's the root of all problems according to me. I never said that. I said there are reasons for certain behaviour patterns, and it's up to us to move past them and develop as human beings. Nothing more, nothing less.

I also think it's very funny that some think just because you're active on a "love forum", you won't be successful in matters of attraction or the opposite sex hehe. Again, some apparently think if you're a man and successful with women, you can't have any emotional depth or reflect on yourself, or be willing to empathize with others? Baloney...loads of insecurities speaking out here from some I believe. I myself don't consider myself a "chick magnet", but again, I've never been rejected, and I get approached regularly. I don't "hit bars" so-to-speak regularly, but when I do I always get one or two women that come up to me and openly flirt. So yeah, I'm very secure in my looks and my behaviour and how it affects women. I still reflect a lot, am in no way a perfect or complete man, and have plenty of issues with myself to work through. So no, being popular with women does not make you perfectly happy and doesn't solve anything in your life besides being able to procreate more easily. Doesn't mean you'll find your perfect partner, the optimal relationship, or ultimate happiness with someone more easily.
    Last edited by miffy; 16-03-12 at 10:18 PM.

This the only way sixpac can get any attention from women....that's why he is here......and it's working! lol.
    Hahahaha funny... ;-) I have told you many times before: I don't want your attention in this thread at all!!!! Yours or other women ;-) Really!!! So do not come here to shove your "attention" down my throat :-) :-)

Hahahaha funny... ;-) I have told you many times before: I don't want your attention in this thread at all!!!! Yours or other women ;-) Really!!! So do not come here to shove your "attention" down my throat :-) :-)

Learn to shut yer face and none of this will happen......common sense.

Learn to shut yer face and none of this will happen......common sense.
    So now someone can't keep up and openly suggests censorship... interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    It is not an old wives' tale, the effects of testosterone are basic chemistry 101...read it up...archetypical male behaviour and why males behave in certain ways is psychology 101..look it up. And again, you seem to think (like many others here do), that because this is the basis and the core, everyone actually DOES behave like that and it's the root of all problems according to me. I never said that. I said there are reasons for certain behaviour patterns, and it's up to us to move past them and develop as human beings. Nothing more, nothing less.

I also think it's very funny that some think just because you're active on a "love forum", you won't be successful in matters of attraction or the opposite sex hehe. Again, some apparently think if you're a man and successful with women, you can't have any emotional depth or reflect on yourself, or be willing to empathize with others? Baloney...loads of insecurities speaking out here from some I believe. I myself don't consider myself a "chick magnet", but again, I've never been rejected, and I get approached regularly. I don't "hit bars" so-to-speak regularly, but when I do I always get one or two women that come up to me and openly flirt. So yeah, I'm very secure in my looks and my behaviour and how it affects women. I still reflect a lot, am in no way a perfect or complete man, and have plenty of issues with myself to work through. So no, being popular with women does not make you perfectly happy and doesn't solve anything in your life besides being able to procreate more easily. Doesn't mean you'll find your perfect partner, the optimal relationship, or ultimate happiness with someone more easily.
    Miffy, this post is really interesting... the second paragraph I agree with in that we all reflect and are work in progress... Also, yes, from my not-so-vast experience, being attractive to the opposite sex does not mean one is automatically happy or successful at relationship.

As to you remark about testosterone and that it affects male behaviour... and maybe that one should move past this way of behaviour (if I have understood correctly), I'm not sure... this is what Oprah would say, IMHO...

Also, "Again, some apparently think if you're a man and successful with women, you can't have any emotional depth or reflect on yourself, or be willing to empathize with others?" - Hm....I don't think this contradiction exists anywhere...

If you meant me specifically, I'd say empathising with others is very important, but the borderline between empathy and intimacy can be a thin line, crossing which may be painful, and I'd say sometimes it maybe worthwhile to think ahead and try to save someone said pain. And in my opinion empathising with someone in bed twice, especially if the person is in emotional dire straits, qualifies to me as such a "thin line situation".
    Last edited by Sixpacj; 17-03-12 at 01:40 AM.

The problem is that you guys took the 101 classes and now you think you know everything about human development and hormonal changes. Instead of arguing about it, educate yourselves.

The problem with you thiu is that you're doing nothing but throwing people with differing into one basket, generalizing all of "us" as uneducated and naive, without providing any valid contructive addition to the discussion/topic. I don't know where any of us stated that we know it all, in fact we are discussing a difference of opinion right now, some at least one of us is dead wrong anyway. So where do you get off being so judgemental? I fail to see how you've proven yourself any wiser or more mature, rather the opposite so far.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast