+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, now I am asking for an opinion...

Ok, now I am asking for an opinion...

Hey guys, I need a few non-biased intelligent opinions please. Some of you fit the bill, so tell me what you think.

Look at this image and tell me what would make the composition a little better. I still have a ton of painting, aging, and "roughing up" to do, but overall as far as balance and tone, what do you think could use some improving?

Lay it on me people!

---------------------------------------------------------

well, the big blue ball outweighs the other side. the sky is brighter where the sun is rising (or setting) but it's not enough to balance out the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Hey guys, I need a few non-biased intelligent opinions please. Some of you fit the bill, so tell me what you think.

Look at this image and tell me what would make the composition a little better. I still have a ton of painting, aging, and "roughing up" to do, but overall as far as balance and tone, what do you think could use some improving?

Lay it on me people!

Overall its very nice. The forefront of the image meshes a bit too much with the foreground. (where the blinding meets the ground) There isn't much definition do to speak as far as that goes, and of course some lighting work to be done. Other then that though, it's not bad. (But as you said, you still have much to do.)

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Well, everything was rendered in chunks so I will be able to do a lot of adjusting to the lighting - as I very much intend to do, along with atmospheric effects...most of these can be done in Photoshop to save me some time.

The basic concept is a temple in the front with a glowing orb over the top, casting light onto the technologically advanced city quarter in the front, with primative huts in the background.

Some of the lighting is done with the lightpoles, but overall haven't really touched that yet.

I will also be adding more blurs to some of the stuf fin the distance, to give it more of a "distance" feel and not so sharp like the water and the huts.

-Misombra- The idea is that the sun is setting into nighttime.

Yeah thats cool, what program you using?

Oh, and remember that the image you see here is about half the size of the actual High Res image

3ds Max 6, with the renders and tiny people cropped and put in via layers in Photoshop. The people are much too clear to be believable, but i'll adjust that later on as well

Sweet, I like 3dmax myself, that and lightwave. Anyhoo, let us know how it goes.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I don't know what you're goin' for, nor do I have any idea as to how to do what you're doin. But just lookin' at it, I'd like to see some reflections on what appears to be a shiny surface (the building sportin' the big blue ball).

Of course more detail in the background, outside the city, more shrubs, trees.

Plus what's goin' on with those little huts outside? They seem so disorganized, if it were in fact a village of some sort I'd figure there might have been some kind of specific arrangement for 'em, a square, circle, semi-circle. EDIT: I would also suggest the village be moved a bit farther from the city as well, but not too far, you know just enough to emphasize how secluded they are from eachother. A kind of irony, if you will. How about an area with a smoldering fire pit if it's early morning or a small starting fire if it's early evening?

Also what about other kinds of life besides people? I'm not talkin' about much, cause otherwise it'll become too busy and crowded, but a bird either pirched or flyin' somewhere?

As I said I'm not quite sure what you're goin' for so...

EDIT: Sorry I jumped the gun, I read your responses, so I'd say yeah, a small fire. I guess you're tryin' to show a contrast between the two societies.
    Last edited by Junket; 08-03-05 at 12:15 PM.

If it has no purpose accept to look pleasing then I have to say that the blue crystal ball seems to be the main focus on the picture. Do something to make the eyes move smoothly across the picture.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    alright.. being that you said it was not finished, i will tell you what i like and what doesn't agree with me. first, i love that blue ball that stands out. it grabs your attention right off the bat. the contrast in color from the ground on the skye always keeps your attention.

what doesn't attract me in the gray areas below the blue balled figure. i'm not sure if you are going to leave it plain gray or do something with it, but i think that should be the first thing that you change.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Here is painting pass #1.

-Birds to be added soon.

- Still need a lot of work in some areas. Looking at adding smoke and a fire to the huts, going to change the sizes and do more painting to the huts...basically a lot of work to them to un**** the look if it and make it more convincing.

-Still need to work on the lighting and shadows...added a blur and a gradient ramp to the grass....should look a little more convincing.

Innova - Hopefully you like the look of the orb better now. As far as those panels, they are essentially supposed to look like solar panels, or some kind of shield plating. I know it kind of looks odd, but I really don't have the time to re-render that monster of a mesh and start over.

More to follow.

P.S. Please remember that this is the low res version of it as well.

What that means is this - Anything that does't appear detailed or crisp only looks like this because this is about 1/3rd the size of the actual final image.

Also of note, .jpeg sucks when it comes to final renders. It distorts and has a tendancy to alter the image a bit, specifically it's colors.

I only post the low res because the actual image size as a .bmp is about 5 meg

I think the humans should be wearing less clothes.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by KaWaiiSkYe
    I think the humans should be wearing less clothes.
    Well I suppose, what would make sense is for the people within' the technologically advanced society to be over dressed, while those in the village to be...well less clothed, but not naked or anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast