+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Clueless wife

Clueless wife

My wife has a bad problem of being to nice in the inner city and trust me, that can get you killed! Her job is a mile from the house and she prefer catching the bus, so she see's a few of the same people in passing on the bus! The city eliminated that route at the time she usually catch the bus, so we walked to another route up the street and this guy catches the same bus she caught previously, so we approached the stop, she seen the familiar face, she gave him a happy president wave and started talking about the bus new schedule with the guy like they were old friends and I'm standing there looking disheveled and she finally say, whats the matter, I didn't say nothing, but call me when you get to work!

The next night, the buster is there again and the bus was running late and she had to get to work, she said give me five dollars and she flagged a cab as she was getting in the cab, she ask the guy you want to ride with me, a f'ing complete stranger, I WAS SHOCKED! IT CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISED! The guy was supposed to decline(MAN CODE) but he was surprised his self that she ask! So she called me and said you're mad aint you, she was actually getting mad at me because I said she got in a cab with a complete stranger! she thinks the guy was safe because he rides the bus too and get off at the same stop! i TOLD HER, YOU STILL DON'T KNOW THIS GUY, HE'S A STRANGER, I am stilled floored, we talked tonight and she still didn't see nothing wrong! I will be having a conversation with this guy tomorrow and tell him from one man to another about the man code and the complications that come with it for not obeying it. WHAT SHOULD I SAY OR DO?
    Last edited by Mdates; 15-03-12 at 11:53 AM. Reason: MISSPELLED WORDS

The guy isn't at fault here so leave him out of this. This is between you and her. Remember she is an adult and not a child. You can't be with her 24 7 to ward off potentially dangerous people. Just tell her she needs to be more aware of the dangers of being alone in public. As a piece of mind, sign her up for a self defense course, not only do they teach you to defend yourself, but they point out potential dangers when say if she finds herself alone in a parking garage, elevator, stairwell, etc.
    Last edited by smackie9; 15-03-12 at 01:23 PM.

To add this guy is not a stranger if they have been talking to each other everyday on the bus for several months. It might be a good thing that she befriended the gentleman, I'm sure with his presence there she is safer than you think.

it's not this man's fault your wife is stupid. A man is much more powerful than a woman is. When alone, a man can easily rape/abuse a woman. Your wife needs to be careful whom she is being so friendly with. Although, if this is a man that she often see's riding the bus on the usual trip to work almost everyday....i wouldn't worry so much. She's probably had conversations with him on the bus everyday on the way to work for a year or something before becoming more friendly. Maybe your wife is just one of those annoying people that sit right by you on the bus and starts to strike up conversations.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You sound possessive and controlling. If she knows the guy from the bus because they ride together every day, he is not a stranger to her, even if he IS a stranger to you.

I suggest you not talk to this man about your ridiculous "man code". He is going to think you are psycho, and will feel sorry for your wife. Rather than be jealous of this man, why don't you just try giving your wife a reason to continue loving you?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Wow, you're being completely unreasonable. Man code? What are you, 15? This man has ridden the bus with your wife every day for months. I don't see anything wrong with this. She is probably safer there at the bus stop because she knows someone.