+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Long Term Potential?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    He is full of it. He says all those things because he got caught. If your relationship was solid he wouldn't be confiding in a friend about this, he would be confiding in you. You are supposed to be his best friend, the one he can rely on.
    I guess I'm a little confused by this sentiment, because he isn't my best friend. I mean, we've only been dating for 6 months. I don't even bother giving "long term potential" serious thought myself until a year in. There are plenty of things I've confided in friends, instead of him, because they were insecure/unnecessary things that would have just put stress onto the relationship.

The way I handle the timeline is, the first 6 months are the "honey moon" stage and the following 6 months are when you really get to know the person, and get a sense if you're compatible, or if it was all hormones/first flush. Until I've been able to know that person, I don't necessarily trust or rely on them as much. I've just been trying to take this one easy, and live in the present.

Ok everyone is different....so your relationship is more casual, rather than infactuation. Now that you are at the point where the honeymoon stage has past, it's not looking so good now because he doesn't see a future with you already. If you want to go by all his excuses then go ahead and play along. Everyone here has said to leave. I don't think there is anything more to say on this.

Why would any of your friends blame you or him for a failed relationship? Why do you even care what they think? It is your life. 'It didn't work out' is a simple, to the point and factual answer. No one has to know the details or take any blame for it.

I would walk away. He is clearly not into you.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12