+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm a fish out of water.. What to do?

I'm a fish out of water.. What to do?

I had a five year long affair.. She loved me so much that she was ready to spend her life with me.. But i started noticing change in her. She started picking faults in me n reduced the frequency of calls n meeting.. I felt she must be busy with her b school n must be frustrated bcoz of the work load.. I kept quiet n acted normal..But this went on for a year. I still gave her the benefit of doubt. But slowly we started having fights over trivial issues. She gave me all those reasons again which we had already sorted out. I had to plead her to meet me. She rarely turned up. She asked me to be her friend life long and still says the same. In between I also asked her if she was interested in some other guy. But she said she was'nt. She started telling me that love sucks n that she did not want to marry me or any other guy.
    Few days back she msgd me that she likes another guy so she is confused with her life n things r messed up. She says she does not no what to do with her life and does not want to hurt me either.
    I m really depressed bcoz of this n cant concentrate on things at the moment. I want to win her and marry her.. What should i do?

Nothing, forget her. Even love that's won back is never the same.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Nothing, forget her. Even love that's won back is never the same.
    But i can't imagine her with some other guy.. forgetting her is a distinct possibility.. bcoz our 5 years were really awesome and its difficult to get rid of those memories..

Tell her to piss off, then delete her number and email addy. Sounds to me as if she's an attention addict.

Bet you within a month she'll be trying to get your attention again. Don't fall for it - once she is sure she's got your attention again she'll lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by franktalk View Post
    But i can't imagine her with some other guy.. forgetting her is a distinct possibility.. bcoz our 5 years were really awesome and its difficult to get rid of those memories..
    But what really can you do? You cannot force her to feel the way you feel about her. Whether you like it or not, she will be with some other guy. Stop tormenting yourself. You will gain nothing from this. Move on.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-