+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Questions on this girl who may have a boyfriend.....

Questions on this girl who may have a boyfriend.....

Im talking to this girl in one of my classes almost every day. We've had lunch together a couple times and over the course of this semester ive really grown to like her. But, one day i texted her asking what shes up to and she says that shes hanging with her bf.

After hearing that i sort of laid back and didnt ask her if she wanted to get lunch or anything for a couple of weeks. Then one day i asked her if she wanted to play softball while we were standing in the line waiting to order, and even though shes never played any sports she immediately said yes. The following day i also asked her if she wanted to hang with me while i tutored people and she still did even though she had not eaten lunch yet and had class in 10 minutes. I am starting to think that she may not have a boyfriend anymore, or the "bf" wasnt real from the beginning and she just wanted to see what id do. She made no other mention of her bf ever besides that 1 text message.

I was just wondering if i should maybe ask her if she wants to hang out tomorrow or over the weekend or something, or should i just wait it out until i can confirm that she does or does not have a boyfriend.

Thank you for reading this haha, i know its long

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ask if she's seeing anyone. If yes, give her your number and tell her you'd like to take her out if she's single. If no, ask her out.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

she already has my number haha shes had it for a while. we exchanged that a while sho because we had to work on a project. i was thinking that if we go to lunch tomorrow i should just ask her if shes doing anything this weekend and if she straight up says no then i should ask her to hang out. is this a good idea? do you think its a good indication that she doesnt have a bf if she says yes to going to lunch at somewhere off campus?

another idea i had was to ask her to come to the mall with me because i didnt want to go by myself to get my laptop fixed.

i wanna find out but i wont want to make it awkward being around her because we have to work together in class and play softball together, and i see her around campus a lot.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just ask if she's seeing anyone. Nothing more. You'll find out everything you need to based on her answer. Keep things simple.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

so i should just straight up ask her if shes seeing anyone? i just dont want things to get awkward because i have to see her almost every day and we have to work together and were gna be playing softball together.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Just ask if she's seeing anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris09 View Post
    so i should just straight up ask her if shes seeing anyone?
    There's an echo in here... can you hear it? Just ask, just ask... just assssk....

Why is this so complicated? I'm not saying even to ask her out (yet), just drop something like "So... are you seeing anyone special at the moment?"

If you ask me again if you should just ask her, I'm going to get sarcastic and start chewing your e-bones. You won't like it. Save yourself. ;-)
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

k haha. wouldnt that make it wicked awkward for everthing else if she is?

nothing awkward. Just feel free because right now you and her are friends, and friends share things right? Ask her if she has a boyfriend, and move on later
    Best dating site review
    http://rwedating.com/

Maybe she simply wanted to get your reaction about her having a boyfriend... On the other hand, bf could also mean best friend

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by chris09 View Post
    texted her asking what shes up to and she says that shes hanging with her bf.
    Maybe she meant best friend?

Realistically she probably does have a boyfriend. Most awesome, intelligent, hot women are rarely single.. because if they really are a catch there will be many people in line waiting. Most good catch girls I know will break up from a relationship and have someone in mind for their next... terrible I know.
    I would ask her next time you hang out just to make sure.. some people will avoid mentioning if they are in a relationship if they want to see what you might have to offer them. Or you could just go in blindly see what happens, have some fun and might end up getting hurt because you're just the ass/attention she wants on the side.

ok thank you all for the advice. i dont no anyone has has called their best friends bf's b4 lol.

i dont think she really like that kind of popular girl no what i mean? not saying shes like bad looking or anything tho. i just dont see her hanging around a lot of people and whenever i see her she is usually alone studying or eating by herself. yesterday at lunch she mentioned that she usually sits at the booths in the cafe because she is usually alone. but shes a commuter so im not really sure though. it wouldnt hurt me too bad if i hung out with her a lot and and had then found out she had a bf. that would b a lot easier on me because that has happened to me in the past.

i got another situation....she didnt go to the first softball game but she promised me she would come to the rest and she gave me a good excuse too. i still have lunch with her like every other day and we still talk constantly in class. and usually she follows me out of class, she even said that she just follows me out...so

should i try asking her out soon, or should i just wait and see how it goes? im just wicked confused because of the way she texts me and talks to me. some texts will see like she wants to talk to me and some will seem like she doesnt. i can post them here if you want tho. i just need help with this haha.

Ok, what's her name and number, I'll text her and ask her myself.
    I can see that she is being polite to you and using you as a lunch buddy. If you don't move quickly you will be in the friend zone.

haha i wish that wouldnt be awkward. im trying to move quickly but she always wicked busy haha. i was thinking about just waiting till the end of this semester to ask her out because we will have a huge break before and after the exam for this class and its like during a usual dinner time. is that a good idea?

what should i do to move quicker tho? just ask her out? ask her to hang out more?