+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I run?

Should I run?

I met this guy on match.comand he's really nice. We went out for supper last night and back to his place for a hot tub. We've been talking for about a week now. Yesterday he told me to add him on facebook which I did, but found out that he's only been seperated from his previous girlfriend of 14 years for a month now. Should I run? I'm scared to be a rebound and that he's not ready to be in a relationship so soon. What would you do? So confused right now? And he's already saying I love you???????????

I think you should have a Hot Tub wedding and tell him how much you love him TOOOOOOOO!

yeah I don't think so

Don't run but just be cautious. It's not that easy to move on from a relationship that lasted for 14 long years.

Quote Originally Posted by harleynight View Post
    yeah I don't think so
    Your gut is trying to tell you something. I suggest you listen to it. Going to his house and in his hot tub after only one date (and one week of talking) isn't wise if you want to figure out if he's over his past relationship. (or if he's even single for that matter). Him telling you that he loves you after one date is just plain scary. (as you very well know).

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, you are a rebound.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by harleynight View Post
    found out that he's only been seperated from his previous girlfriend of 14 years for a month now. And he's already saying I love you???????????
    He's definitely rebounding and he's obviously desperate for the affection of a 14 year relationship to instantly re-appear. I'd say to slow it way down and date other people too (let him know you are dating others also).
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

thanks everyone for all the advice, it is greatly appreciated. My gutt is telling me to run Forest run....lmao