+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broken Wrist

Broken Wrist

Just over a month ago, I broke my wrist tap dancing (I can hear you laughing). Floor was very slippery and I fell badly, landing on my right hand, breaking my wrist - ouch! Needless to say I am right handed.

Anyway, at the hospital last Wednesday, the doctor said that the bone was setting at an angle and it is looking likely that it will have to be rebroken and pinned

Just one big problem with that - I am an abject coward and the thought of having an op is already making me feel ill. Anyone had to have their wrist pinned? If so, what happens?

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber2011 View Post
    Just over a month ago, I broke my wrist tap dancing (I can hear you laughing). Floor was very slippery and I fell badly, landing on my right hand, breaking my wrist - ouch! Needless to say I am right handed.

Anyway, at the hospital last Wednesday, the doctor said that the bone was setting at an angle and it is looking likely that it will have to be rebroken and pinned

Just one big problem with that - I am an abject coward and the thought of having an op is already making me feel ill. Anyone had to have their wrist pinned? If so, what happens?
    What has happened since then?

I first broke my wrist in 2003, several months after I had just moved to the northern mid-west. I broke the same wrist in 2010. Thankfully, Both times, I didn't need to have my wrist pinned. I know what you mean about needing surgery. I have had several surgeries, not counting wisdom teeth or feet.

Having that pinned is the least of your worries....wait till you have to push out a baby......If you have already this surgery will be a breeze.
    Last edited by smackie9; 10-07-12 at 02:34 PM.

Take it easy! I have pinned my wrist before and now everything is alright.. I was scarred too, but all of that will gone soon..
    I will pray for you..

I believe these days they have what is called an anaesthetic. Stop being a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I believe these days they have what is called an anaesthetic. Stop being a baby.
    Some people have a basic fear of operations. Though I do understand what you mean.
    OP, it's only a minor surgery. If it was brain surgery, I could understand your worry. I know 2 people who have had to have leg breaks pinned, and neither of them would be walking around. What would you prefer? Minor surgery, or losing the use of your wrist?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

How the **** do you know?

LostInVagas, he knows because all the Hidus come here to BC to abuse our medical system. Their 3rd world country can't accommodate proper medical to all the people there so the come to Canada in droves. They also scam unemployment insurance and are famous for faking injury in car accidents to get money.

Fair enough.

you should consult with the familiar doctor who helps you completely