+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Sickness I Didn't Think It Was Real Until Now!

Love Sickness I Didn't Think It Was Real Until Now!

Hi All

I had been dating a girl for 3 months, I fell deeply in love with this girl, I'm still in love with this girl but recently the girl broke up with me. I live out of home and she had been living with me for a month and a half and we were pretty full on and eveverything was just sweet until thursday this week, she asked if I still felt the same about her and I said yes this was by text message whilst she was at home. Anyway from there it has gone from worse to worse, she has alot of family related issues and she has asked for space, I understand she has family issues, but I dont understand why she has broken up with me. I'm love sick, I cant sleep, im not eating normally, im moping around, I cant sit still I cant stop thinking about her I'm very in love with her. I have told her all this, I just hope I have the chance to get back with her, but I can't cope with her not being around me or living with me or seeing each other as we were, its affecting my health, until now I did not realise love sickness is real. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do? I really love this girl and I want things to be the way they were.

Well, it does sound like it is over. Sometimes you never really find out what really happened. They just wake up one day unhappy and the relationship takes the blame, because you aren't there enough, or too much or something just doesn't feel right. Then they don't want to hurt you more, so they come up with some reason and they never say it is because of you. Usually they have been thinking about it for quite some time before they actually say or do anything.

Usually it is best to cut off contact because it will only continue to hurt, and acting all clingy will only make her lose respect for you. Just leave it in her mind that you were that cool guy she lived with for a month, and she may come back when she is ready. She asked for space, so you should honor that. Realize that you will feel crappy for a while, but eventually it will subside and you will feel normal again.

Always honor the space.