+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Acting differently when drinking?

Acting differently when drinking?

I met this guy over 2 months ago and I started liking him. However he's acting different when he has been drinking, he tells me that I'm really special to him, and that he really likes me. He doesn't try anything though.. I always tell him that I would appropriate it more if he would tell me this when he is sober, he says he will, but he never does. We still talk a lot when he is sober but he doesn't say all those stuff. I don't really want to ask him because I don't want him thinking 'I'm all over him', and he hasn't promised me anything. It's staring to really confuse and upset me right now. I don't know if I should just walk away, or swallow my pride and just talk to him about it?

Is he too shy to tell you when he is sober? If he needs to be drunk to lose his inhibitions, he needs to stop drinking and learn to deal with his feelings properly because he can't stay drunk all the time. This is a big red flag. He could be on the road to alcoholism. Since it is causing you to feel confused and upset, it is a problem. If drinking is a big part of his life, he won't want to give it up. You have only known him for two months. It would be sad to walk away, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Run. Run as fast as you can away from him. Alcoholism is not fun and it will ruin your life.