+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i being emotionally abused? :S

am i being emotionally abused? :S

Hi there, I have a lot of questions about my partner's behaviour.
    But first i may be knowned as waapi, I am a 19 yr old female, in a complecated relationship with my partner. We've been together for a little over 2 years now, and we have a 1 year old son together, who we both love to death!
    So i guess i should start, for a while now, i've been feeling a little strange, im not sure how to explain it, but i've been holding up this relationship for 5 months now. And im not sure what to do now, i feel like i have no one to talk about this stuff, even my friends i cant even tell or my family. So i am wondering if i am being abused by my partner emotionally...? here are the reasons why i think i might be..maybe.. i dont know (thats why i joined this site)
    * he gets very snippy with me about even the tiniest things, like i dont put my stuff away( i sometimes forget, but i AM NOT a messy person in anyway), or if i dont do something for him.
    * every single morning he is always angry, and he takes it out on me or our son, sometimes both of us, most times he'll tell me to **** off if i try waking him up, and if i dont even try to wake him up, eventually when he does get up, which is not til the afternoons, he'll get mad at me for not waking him up. then i'll tell him that i didnt wanna get him up becuz he'll get mad at me :S
    *he gets mad at me if i wanna go and hang out with my friends, and or if i dont take our son with me
    *he tells me what to do most times, he looks at my texts, bbms, and if he doesnt approve of something that i post on facebook he'll tell me to delete right away
    *when he yells at me i get so scared that he might hit me, even tho he says he wont (he hasnt hit me in anyway...yet...)
    *he trys to control who i hang out with, or where i go, he always asks me how long i will be and i try to guess how long i might be and if i take longer than that he'll get angry with me
    *when hes very very mad at me he'll call me a bitch
    *he makes me very sad all the time( i take medication for this,m and other reasons)
    *i feel like im trapped
    *he makes me feel bad , when i hang out with my friends
    these are just some things that he does, the list can go on, but I still love who he used to be when we started our relationship, he used to be very nice etc.. but im not sure what to do, i've been contemplating leaving him many times, and when i tell him he makes me feel bad.. i dont know what to do anymore...even when he does get very angry with me, he'll say sorry and i always forgive him but theres still something inside me that makes me want to stay with him. i recently just came out with my feelings about everything with one of my good friends, and he said i should just ride it out, and try n make it work, and everything he suggested i tried, and yet my partner continues to blame me for shit and gets mad at me a lot. so will anyone help me out?

waapi

Yes, emotional abuse. He's probably too young to be a family man.
    I suggest you call your parents and move in with them until he gets his sheet together and gives you a proper engagement and marriage.

Of course this is abuse. Normal people don't live that way. You should leave and move out. You may need to get a restraining order if he keeps abusing you.

But don't confront him, just take action to protect yourself and your child. You can tell him later after he realizes you're standing on you own 2 feet and have a support system in place.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Get some help from your family. Also, do you have a job? If not, get one.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh