+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need opinions/thoughts from 19/20 year old guys

s26 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

need opinions/thoughts from 19/20 year old guys

There is this guy that i have fallen for and he has fallen for me as well, I just turned 26 and he is 19 turning 20 in 2 months. He is really into me but he is scared to date me even though he knows we could have a really good relationship. He said the age gap does not bother him personally but is concerned what his family will think and is afraid his friends will make fun of him for dating an older girl. I am just looking for some insight from guys that are 19/20 years old and how they feel about dating someone older. I don't know if i should try with him a little more hoping he will not care what people think or if i should just forget about it, move on and find someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by s26 View Post
    There is this guy that i have fallen for and he has fallen for me as well, I just turned 26 and he is 19 turning 20 in 2 months. He is really into me but he is scared to date me even though he knows we could have a really good relationship. He said the age gap does not bother him personally but is concerned what his family will think and is afraid his friends will make fun of him for dating an older girl. I am just looking for some insight from guys that are 19/20 years old and how they feel about dating someone older. I don't know if i should try with him a little more hoping he will not care what people think or if i should just forget about it, move on and find someone else?
    Ok first of all, I will give the honest answer even if it appears bad or good.

Love is possible between any age group.
    but technically speaking 20 years age is not matured age. A man get matured by say 23-27.
    So technically speaking someone of age between 23-27 will be better for you.

But if yes both of you are serious, give a DAMN what people think for.

READ this story a very good one and is a must for you :

A man and his son were going on a donkey across a new city.
    the boy was sitting on the donkey and his father was walking.

And people said : "oh what a cruel son , his old father is walking and he is sitting on a donkey"

Listening to this , they switch their positions , that is boy on feet and man on donkey.

and then going little further people said: " oh what cruel father, his young son is walking and the father is enjoying the ride."

so they decide that to avoid this they both must sit on donkey. so no one will raise their brows.

going a little further, people say : "OH what a cruel father and son are these , both so heavy are sitting on this poor animal"

Now they were frustrated, they finally decide : "ok we both will walk on feet so their will be no cruelty."

And they both are on their feet now, they walk a little and people say :

"Oh look at this 2 fools, such a stupid and idiot they are. The donkey is going without any load and this two idiots are walking on feet, ha ha ha "

so what I mean is people are always their to say , don't give them a shit.

But don't go physical (sexual) with that boy unless you get married with him. Mark this point. If that boy is really in love with you he will not do sex before marriage. Neither can a question be raised on you by anyone (including that boy) for your love.

best of luck. Hope I told you what you were looking for.

I noticed that only one response to your thread...apparently, there are no 20 someting guys that want to answer the question!

Anyway, when I was in my mid-20's...one of my college friends (woman) in her 20's liked to dated high school guys, 17-18 year old guys.

I asked her why she liked to do that and she told me, "Because they are easily led. They're malleable and they don't challenge me."

Do you feel the same way about your guy as my friend felt about her high school boys? Even if you don't feel that way, do you find that she is right about her relationships with younger men?

I date a woman who is much younger than me, and I asked myself the same questions that I'm posing to you. In my case, the gf is not easily led--she has a mind and will of her own. Emotionally, we are on similar wavelengths. Intellectually...well, I'm no intellectual. Just a mediocre typist.

s26 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    This is the first time i have ever been interested in a much younger guy then me, i have always went for the older guys. This guy is not easily led, he has his own mind and challenges me all the time i just happened to fall for him. I don't have a certain age that i will date as long as the guy is over 18 and under 35, if i like a guy i will get to know him and take it from there no matter what the age. I think if your friend has a certain type of age that works for her and she likes guys that don't challenge her then she should do what works for her. I personally would never get involved with anyone under 18. I think you should date someone that you like for the person they are and the way they make you feel not because of their age or certain qualities but everyone feels differently about things and what works for some people may not work for others.

As a young 20-year old I would second what John2find said regarding guys that age. In my experience we simply aren't mature enough. Some might be, but the college-age mind doesn't know what it wants. I think love is possible between the age gap you described but I find it really difficult to imagine it working out without an extremely strong bond between y'all, which would inevitably take some time to form.

Personally, I would be very anxious to date someone that much older than me at age 20. Unless I could tell from day 1 that it could lead to marriage, in which case the age isn't really that important, it would seem too uncertain to me to take the chance. But he could easily be mature for his age and if you think so then don't let what people say stop you.