+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fighting my emotions!

Fighting my emotions!

Hi Guys & Girls

Basically in August me and my girlfriend of 3 years broke up - I felt like we had drifted apart and were continually arguing so I ended it. Anyway after a brief spell apart we reconciled in the middle of September and things were so great, it was like we had just completely 'recaptured' our love for each other - she went off to university at the end of September which was tough but she was back most weekends and I went to see her. Anyway at the end of November/early December we started to argue a lot again and things just didn't seem like they were going well and at the beginning of January I broke up with her again. She removed me from Facebook and we didn't speak for about 6 weeks when I thought I would call her and just try and smooth things over and maintain our friendship - the call went well and we agreed to be friends etc.

Anyway it's now the end of March and I have been going out every weekend seeing friends and meeting new people which is so great - especially meeting new girls but I feel like something is missing and I keep thinking of my Ex, I feel like I need her back to fill this void. I know there will be other girls and in fact since we broke up I was seeing a girl for a couple of weeks until I decided I didn't want anything to happen with us and have been hit on, on more than one occasion when I am out, in fact a girl that likes me is texting me right now. My point is that Im not having these feelings for fear of never getting another girlfriend again, the world is a big place and there is somebody out there for everyone, and in fact when I am out and about I never think about her - but at the moment what I feel my heart is missing is that comfort of having somebody close, and the feeling that if your ever upset or stressed they will do whatever they can to change that. Me and my Ex weren't right for each other, and deep down I do know that, so I guess what I am looking for is some advice on how I can banish these feelings and stop thinking about my Ex every time I am on my own or feeling slightly lonely.

Any help you lot could give would be brilliant. Advice from guys & girls would be appreciated.

Thanks

Going back and forth is a waste of time, you have to move forward with your life. Time heals all wounds, eventually you'll meet a girl and never think about your ex again, except to appreciate the fact that you aren't with her anymore and have met someone much better.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest