+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why won't he get out of my head?!

Why won't he get out of my head?!

Those weekends drive me crazy!
    No matter how good the week was, as the clock turn midnight on Friday night I break.

I can't stop imagine us together, going out, watching a movie and cuddling in bed.
    God! I can't stop crying!

Looking at the computer desperately hoping for a mail, for a Facebook wall massage,
    but it's over. I know it, so why can't I feel it and get over with that already?
    I feel sad even for thinking dating someone else, it makes me cry for the lost of him.

I can't stand it anymore!!

Well, you have to consciously make an effort to turn the channel in your brain to something else when he pops in there. You can't wallow in your memories and expect to get past the longing to be with him if you don't do the work to get back your joy.

I can picture you rushing home from school or work and quietly settling in for a re-playing loop of images of he and you because you're afraid of that calming state of "I don't care about him anymore." Get the book the Five Stages Of Grief and read what you're going though and how to help you get through it. Stop making dates to be with him in your thoughs, hang up on him in your mind and move it to something else. Keep yourself busy by trying new things, joing the gym, joining a coed sports team, take a class, read, read, read books on self-improvment and quit make your pain your best friend.

You don't say how long you've been split. If it's been a month or more then it's time to be proactive in your own recovery. Your goal. To reach the stage of indifference to him and whatever he may be up to.

Hugzzz.

The brain will repeat things over and over like when a song is stuck in your head. But you can control that by telling your brain to stop singing it and you don't know the words and this is the last time you will repeat it. Then you are free to go about your business with a clear head.

Good advice above. Give yourself a goal, like 6 months, to have another hobby or movement forward in your life.

I've been there and am so sorry you are going through this stage, it's horrible.

I've repeatedly read these stages of break up and in some way they have helped - [url]http://livelookbetter.com/eng/loveyourpartner/dream-relations/299-how-to-get-over-a-break-up-the-denial-stage-part-1.html[/url]

Do your best to fill your weekends with as much activity as possible, it can be anything - running, meeting friends, helping your family, dog walking, tidying your room - whatever - just don't be alone because you will wallow.

It's so easy to think of the good times but also allow yourself to think of the bad and this may help to balance things out.

Set short term goals and keep talking to people you trust

Hope this helps!

Thank you.
    I do try to work out a lot, and I go out with friends as well.

In some point I think I realized that I tried to do all those stuff to fast, and not acknowledging the fact that I'm hurt.
    Right after we broke up I started a new job, hang out and try to make myself always busy. It's obviously didn't work. I cried in so many toilets during the last three month where my friends and family where just out side, I developed my own methods so it won't be noticeable.

I think that the realization part is really important (well, I might discover that it isn't that helpful as well, but for now..).
    I didn't let my self time to dwell, and I think I need it. Maybe it's the piece missing. I don't know.
    I think I'm still in a stage of denial. Still dreaming on some romantic reunion, someway I could move back to his country. Maybe I can go study there or something, it is possible anyway, and I really try to get him out of the equation. It's not working so far..

Though, being and writing here really helps (yeah, I know I'm kind of a spam).
    So thank you!