+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How and when will I get over you?

How and when will I get over you?

I met my ex bf here in the Philippines. He's a US citizen but he's a Filipino. A common friend introduced us and I really didn't have plans of liking him. He's 40 years old and I'm 28. He has a son and was married but annulled and I am single. At first I was not interested. I didnt want a long distance relationship. I didn't even want to go to the US because my friends and families are here in the Philippines. Never in life did migrating to US crossed my mind. We became friends via online and he showed his interest by coming home to the Philippines for me. He sent flowers when he was in the US and I fell inlove with him because of all the attention he gave me. All those things that I didn't want, I was able to accept. I accepted that he had a family, that our relationship is long distance and that there is a possibility of me going to the US. I love him so much that I was able to hold on. He said that I will just have to wait for sometime and he's fixing things so I can go there and be there with him. I was able to wait for months before he could return and I could see him. We had trials and he cheated on me by texting or flirting with my bestfriend. Still, I forgave him. He came back to me and I thought that everything will be ok after that. After a few months, he again became cold. I felt that I was the only one trying to make the relationship work. I was so hurt but I didnt want to let go. I love him and I wanted to fight for our relationship. But it seemed he really didnt love me anymore. When I had the courage to ask him, he said he wanted to end our relationship. So, we broke up. I tried to win him back. I didnt know what was wrong. He just said there are a lot of things going on. I tried to win him back. But I failed. I want to move on but I can't stop thinking about him.

Hth is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    just know that you deserve this result B!!!

With time you will move on. I'm healing from a pretty bad breakup. I thought I would marry this one. But nope God had other plans for me I guess. I still think about her from time to time, but yeah I'm over it and I'm quiet interested in trying something new. You too you will get there soon enough. Give your best shot everyday to move on.