+ Follow This Topic

Thread: regarding marriage problem

regarding marriage problem

Hii I am a 27 years old girl,working in private institute.I am in love with 24 years old guy from 4 years.He is working as software engineer in one of the best IT company.I am waiting for him from four years so that when he starts earning and knows his responsibilities I will tell about him to my parents.My parents met him and they were very pleased after meeting him but when they told about him to my grand parents they refused and denied this proposal because of our age difference.Now my parents want me to marry to the guy of their choice.how can I do that,I love my boyfriend very much and I cant live without him.His parents are ready, they dont have any problem about this relationship.I am very depressed please help me what should I do?I dont want to marry anyone except him.If we are matured enough and know our responsibilities well then why cant we live together?Please help me.

You are 27 years old. You are an adult and you do not need your families approval to do anything. You are your own person, you are responsible for you and in charge of your own destiny. If you mess up that's your problem and not theirs to be concern with. Tell them this and to keep their nose out of your love life.

Yeah, tell them to back off if they want to be invited to the wedding. I would not invite your grandparents unless they apologize.

Thanks for your suggestion.We respect our parents and want their support thats why I am trying to convince them.I just wanted to know that am I doing something worng or weird like my family is thinking about... from your reply I got it that I am right.Please pray for us.

Thanks for your reply.We want them to attend our wedding happily and bless us.Please pray for us.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. You are already mature enough to decide for yourself. Yes, you respect your parents and grandparents but they should respect your decisions as well.
    http://texttheloveback.com

You will earn their respect if you stand up for yourself and tell them that you are old enough to make your own decisions. This may take many discussions and time but it will be well worth it.....be strong! and stick with what YOU believe in.

FIght for your right to love yeah.
    Friendship is not a game to play, It is not a word to say, It doesn't start on March and ends on May, It is tomorrow, yesterday, today and everyday.

Are you from a country where arranged marriages are normal? Which country do you live in?

One of the last countries that still practises it....India.