+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a small tip will be a big help ;)

a small tip will be a big help ;)

Hi,

i am since a month back in the dating game and have a little problem.
    i am in a new city and know very few people... so i dont quite meet new women...

i joined a dance course to learn some dancing and meet new people in my age (25-30)... but in my dance group there are mostly couples who are 45-50 years.
    any idea what else i could try.. to be direct, what do girls in the age group usually do in their free time?

regards

Fru is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    That really depends what city you've moved to! Different cities have different atmospheres and climates which dictate what many people do with their free time.

If you are nearby some nice, natural setting, like a forest or a park, that's a good place to go take a walk on a sunny day and possibly meet people. I always think it's a good sign when someone is outside enjoying the nice weather; it means they appreciate natural beauty and like to stay active, rather than sitting around inside all the time. But that's just me!

What are you interested in? Movies, reading, hiking? Just find things that relate to your own interests, and hopefully you'll meet some like-minded people.

Doing some volunteer work is also a great way to meet people and do some good for the world at the same time. Win-win situation! If you like animals, why not volunteer at your local animal shelter or wildlife rescue, if you have one nearby? If you like movies, you could get involved in film festivals. If you like the theatre there are plenty of opportunities there too.

These are all alternatives to clubs, pubs, bars, and the nightlife! But those can work too if you're the partier type.

If your in a small town it's not within my experience to give you advice. However if it is a decent sized city join meetup.com and join several groups. Some groups will not be very active and you can leave them or just concentrate on the good ones. It's a very easy way to meet people. You have a decent amount of acceptance that you wouldn't otherwise have meeting people for the first time because new people come and go all the time. You can also see the age group you will be dealing with in most cases as people have pictures and profiles.

I have some back up advice but most people fear strangers too much to implement it. That is to go out by yourself at social gathering/bars/clubs etc. and just chat people up. If you effectively communicate your interests and personality you will naturally mesh with some people. Girls guys whatever. Don't be afraid to ask for someones contact information. The worst they could say is no and you would be surprised how often it's so totally not a big deal.

Lastly make guy friends. Obvious I know. Some guys in a new city want a gf so bad they skip this helpful aid in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by ayema View Post
    Hi,

i am since a month back in the dating game and have a little problem.
    i am in a new city and know very few people... so i dont quite meet new women...

i joined a dance course to learn some dancing and meet new people in my age (25-30)... but in my dance group there are mostly couples who are 45-50 years.
    any idea what else i could try.. to be direct, what do girls in the age group usually do in their free time?

regards
    Hi! I have lived in 6 different cities since 2005 from my experience the following are great ways to meet new great people (this is based on what I like..):

-I recommend yoga classes at yoga studios. You'll meet women who care about their bodies, souls and have enough money to afford the classes. Try to go to the evening or early morning classes (they're usually the women that have a life meaning they have their shit together)
    -Get a dog go to the dog park every day, you will meet TONS of people. You will strike up many conversations when your dogs are playing. Met a really awesome girlfriend from the dog park and had many guys hit on me-I had a bf so nothing happened.
    -Take a cooking class, painting class etc.
    -Grocery store shopping
    -If you are a runner check out free running clinics, trail runs etc. Also lululemon has runs and the running room. Lulu will have more women turn out because we LOVE that clothing line.. plus lulu makes girls butts look great. lol
    -co-ed rec sports teams (this way you can meet guys and girls being in a new city)
    Last edited by inflorescence; 15-04-12 at 03:32 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, this is my dream if I had time. I would love to join a dance class. Sadly, my partner doesn't dance. I've wondered about the appropriateness of going solo. I'm not the cougar type. :-(
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There are many things you can do....try online dating, join some type of co-ed sports league, attend a singles church regularly, speed dating, and even more non conventional places like the grocery store. You have to be willing to spark up a conversation if you are interested no matter where you are. You never know what it could lead to.

Jaime
    I found the love of my life after gaining confidence and discovering how to become a guy magnet here: www.TheDatingAdvisor.net