+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I confront my girlfriend

Well I'm leaving it's just hard my relationship with her son is the only thing that makes me think twice but Ubdon't have a choice.

Also I want to talk to her kid I don't want him to hate me but I don't think I can. She will just blame it on me anyway stupid whore.

Beat her to the punch, and talk to the kid before you tell her. Just tell him his mom has broken your trust, and you two can't stay together anymore. Let him know that he can contact you if he wants to talk about anything. Then break up with your g/f.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Beat her to the punch, and talk to the kid before you tell her. Just tell him his mom has broken your trust, and you two can't stay together anymore. Let him know that he can contact you if he wants to talk about anything. Then break up with your g/f.
    Absolutely not. This is not his child and has no right to say things like this to a child about his mother. Its not like you are going to stay in the child's life like a father would, so just don't go there.

I'm sure you feel sorry for the kid dj, but you can only make it worse by speaking to him. Hell, if she lies to the kid and says you were no good what's the harm? Sometimes a compassionate lie is better than the truth--which can only hurt more from both your leaving AND his mom being a mess.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I know Indi there's nothing I can do but walk away. The kids on a camping trip this weekend so I will do it then because I don't want him there in case she gets stupid. Wish me luck and thanks for the advice.

What do you mean by, "in case she gets stupid."?

What do you mean by, "in case she gets stupid."?
    She tends to scream and yell and act like an ass when something doesn't go her way. I don't see any reason to subject the kid to that he doesn't need to see that. I waited this long because he has been home because his dad hasn't been getting him for his normal visitation. I can wait a few days so he doesn't have to see his mom act like I figure she will.

If you're not going to talk to the kid about it, then why not just end it in a phone call or a text, and avoid the drama of her 'getting stupid'? Not usually the suggested way to break up, but if you already know she's going to beirrational/hysterical, you should just remove yourself. Keep in mind, she's done this entirely to herself.

I realize that and I want to talk to the kid I'm just not sure what to say if or if I should say anything. I'll do it in person face to face I have a few things I need to tell her and I want to look her in the eye when I do. Plis I.have to get my house key back to so I'm going to get it then tell her I'm done. I'm kind of releaved it's almost over.

I think you should say something to the kid, so he doesn't feel abandoned. Just something quick like, Me and your mom want different things, and just can't make it work.

And yeah...definitely get that key first.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should say something to the kid, so he doesn't feel abandoned. Just something quick like, Me and your mom want different things, and just can't make it work.
    Again, I disagree. Not sure if BackUp has kids, but I'm a parent fwiw. If you insist on it, at least don't mention your relationship w/the mom, just reassure him it has nothing to do with him and that you think he's really awesome.

Good luck, dj.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Again, I disagree. Not sure if BackUp has kids, but I'm a parent fwiw. If you insist on it, at least don't mention your relationship w/the mom, just reassure him it has nothing to do with him and that you think he's really awesome.

Good luck, dj.
    Thanks Indi. I have no intention of saying anything about his mom. I just want to be sure he knows me leaving jas nothing to do with him. I'll get creative if I have to but trust me I love the kid and I don't want tovhurt himvor screw him up. Honestly thats why I didn't want to date anybody with kids but that's hard to do. Yoi can't help getting close to the kid and if it goes bad then they have to deal with it too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12