+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Question For Females and Males

A Question For Females and Males

Let me know how you all feel about this situation:

I was in a fairly new, steady, exclusive relationship with a 16 year old girl, who was about 6 months or so out of another exclusive 20 month relationship. The problem was her ex would always call her up, and even come over when i was there. He was invited to her 16th, and she even asked him to be the curtain man in her first dance concert. Now, it was always very clear to her and her family that whenever he would call, or come over, that i was not comfortable with it, but she would just say that "he calls her", not visa versa.

Does this sound like normal behaviour to you on her behalf, or did i have a right to be worried?

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

no this does not sound normal. Obviously she is too young to make her own personal judgements. And are you sure this is a steady exclusive relationship? it sounds like she is just using you as backup. I mean you did say shr btoke up with hear ex and had a 20 month relationship that's 1 year and 8 months almost 2 years. Can someoone forget that easily?

And what she is doing right now is not cool at all. No it is not ok to invite her ex over or ask him to be his curtain man or hang out with him because of what they had before. I should be worried because my friend's ex who had broken up with her ex boyfriend also did stuff behind his back and continue to hang out with her ex and her friends. I think she was using him as a backup because she would always ask him to be more like her ex and do things behind her back. She even lied to my friend that shes with her uncle but she was with her ex.

16 years old is too young to be in a relationship.

Its so not normal. Better make sure that she really is serious on your relationship. Or, maybe she'd end up with her ex.

Life of a sixteen year old should not include worrying about exes and relationships. 16 years old is for having fun, going to school, and growing up. Please focus on academics or risk losing out on life later.