+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I follow my head or heart in this situation?

Do I follow my head or heart in this situation?

So anyway, I was on holiday in Thailand recently and I met a Lithuanian girl (Jurate) I really liked. I met her during a 12 hour bus journey on the second day travelling from Bangkok to Phuket and we virtually talked for the entire journey. I invited her to Ko Phi Phi and we spent the week together before she had to go her separate direction to Chang Mai. We had a great time, for most part I made it as romantic as possible. Her leaving affected me so much because I didn't enjoy my holidays anymore without her that I cut short my holiday from three months to a month so I'm back home in New Zealand now. When we left we didn't really talk about what future we had together as I thought this was just a fling, though I did tell her how much I liked her and she knows this.

However on my final week of my shortened holiday, I met a really nice Russian chick (Ola) who lives in Germany. We spent a few days together in Kanchanaburi. I related with this chick more and she is one of the nicest girls I have ever met, and we have so much in common. I told her that she is pretty and the nicest girl I have ever met but I didn't tell her that I had feeling for her, as my mind was in a mess because I still liked the Lithuanian girl. I did say that I would see her in Germany when she finishes her studies in August and that we would travel together around Europe and she's pretty cool with that.

Now I'm stuck with a dilemma in that I do like both girls but I only ever wanted to pursue one girl. Nothing happened with the Russian chick however. The Lithuanian girl is one of the hottest girls I've been with which is why I'm still crazy about her but I suppose there's more to a woman that just looks?

However, with the Russian chick we get along so well like a couple should, but I haven't told her my feelings for her yet and I don't want to tell her just yet until we meet again in Germany. I guess I run the risk of her entering a relationship prior to then or the fact that she only sees me as a friend, but I have a pretty good feeling that she would say yes to me based on our compatible values and goals in life...

I get the feeling that a relationship with the russian chick is more secure but with the lithuanian there is an element of mysteriousness, which could turn out for better or worse. Ultimately the one I pursue would have to settle in New Zealand for the relationship to work...

For the record I'm 28, Lithuanian gal is 27 and the Russian gal is 29.

What do I do in my predicament and who would you recommend I pursue? Head says Russian but heart says Lithuanian.

I have kept in contact with both since returning home to New Zealand...

Thanks.

So are you going to import them or how do you plan on being with them if they live in other countries?

I did say one would have to settle in New Zealand for the relationship to work. At this stage, I'm planning a trip to see one of them in August this year. I'm still at a loss as to who to pursue. Then I shall impose the question as to whether they want to see New Zealand and eventually whether they could see themselves living in NZ.

It takes about 6 months to form a relationship. Seems like you want to kidnap one of these girls to be your wife or something. Take it slow.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenofjade View Post
    It takes about 6 months to form a relationship. Seems like you want to kidnap one of these girls to be your wife or something. Take it slow.
    ^^^ I totally agree with that. You don't even know these girls. You haven't even been in the company of either one of them for more than a couple of weeks for goodness sakes and to top it all off you don't know if either of them would even want to move to you and you're asking which one you should pursue???/ Tell us. Just how do you plan to pursue either of them unless you can visit or they can often enough to actually bond?