+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Manipulative boyfriend

Manipulative boyfriend

I got up early Monday morning as I had something to do early and I had less than 7 hrs sleep. I had spoken to my boyfriend on Monday and things were fine. He was ment to come to my house Tuesday in the afternoon and leave before 6pm. I was ringing him monday night many times and he did not answer and then he rang me before midnight at this point I was sooo tired and half awake.

He kept on pestering me for him to come over and sleep the night I said how Im so tired and he got up at half 3pm I got up at 7.50am there is a big difference. He wasn't accepting no for an answer he was manipulating and harassing me until 3am he kept ringing and texting and I said no you cant come. He turned up outside my house at 3am I was furious why come now when your coming tomorrow afternoon i kept saying.

He was trying it on with me I wasn't having any of it. I hardly slept and had 4 hrs sleep. He then got up I kept asking him what was the point of all this he could not respect my answer of no don't come. He then said that he had enough, grabbed his jacket ran down the stairs and flew out the front door.
    I rang him after crying but he did not care he walked home as he lives near me.

Then yesterday he called me three times said he loves me but hates me and was kind of mean on the phone did not call me back when he daid he would and his phone battery died and he did not charge it or call me back. He said he would try! to come and see me today. He never did he was in bed and he just rang me at 5pm trying to be alright with me and he apologised but he has made me so angry and I cant believe all he put me through because I did not have sex with him that day.

We have been together for over 6 years as well and that's what makes it worse. I feel that I should not contact him back now what to I do?

6 years or 6 months it doesn't matter, his behavior is immature and disrepectful, and a bit on the obsessive side. This is not normal and it's quite possible he has mental issues and should consider professonal help. Sorry but that is all I can advise here. Couseling or end it.

Wow, that sounds tough, I'm really sorry you're going through this.
    I can only tell you what I would do in your situation, it's not meant to be advice in the true sense of the word, just my personal point of view.
    It's obviously not a simple situation you are in as you have been with him for six whole years and that's not something you throw away lightly.
    However, if my boyfriend were harassing me like that, calling me in the dead of night, showing up in front of my house without notice (this almost borders on stalking if you ask me) and treating me really badly, without any respect for my feelings or for my situation... I don't think I could be in a relationship like that. A good partnership is supposed to be founded on mutual respect and understanding. Obviously I don't know the whole story but it sounds to me like he only put you through this because you wouldn't have sex with him because you were tired, and that is not okay.
    If you do want my advice: Talk to him, tell him that you really don't like the way he's behaving towards you and that he cannot treat you that way. He may not have realised how much his actions really hurt and bothered you.
    I hope this was helpful in any way, I wish you all the best of luck!

Think of it this way.....would you want a man that behaves this way to be the man that raises your children with you?