+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She acts strange around me

She acts strange around me

I know this kind of situation has been asked so many times before but theres his girl at work who I,ve been pretty friendly with for a while now. More recently I have been a bit distant as I have found her behaviour a bit annoying. Not going to go into detail but basically she is pretty inconsistent in her behaviour one minute overly friendly then other times doesn't respond to emails etc.

Anyway recently I have been a bit friendlier to her seeing as we have to work at the same company and I don't want to be rude to her. So she walks up to me to say hello and I say hi then she just stands there staring at me and I wait to hear what she is about to say but she says nothing for what feels like ages until I eventually think of something to say to clear the air. I found it a bit eired and embarrassing as there are other people nearby. She has done this on a few other occasions in the past and I just wonder what she is doing, if I go up to say hi o someone I usually will follow up with something rather than expect the other person to do all the work.

I did have feelings for her in the past and still do but not as strong as before due to her behaviour.

Do any females have any idea what she is up to or why she does this? It doesn't appear to embarrass her at all?

She's a freakin weirdo....

Steer clear. What kind of relationship would it be if she can't even get past hello? Sounds like an attention-seeker. Or just a freakin weirdo as smackie points out.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Ha Ha yeah I think she can be a bit weird which is why I decided to distance myself a bit. I think I'll heed your advice but I do wonder what she expects me to do when she just stares at me?

Forgot to say we have had long conversations in the past but it seems more recently that she just doesn't seem to know what to say. She kind of looks sad.
    Last edited by sloanranger; 21-04-12 at 11:40 PM.

Probably because she expected you to be head over heels in love with her lol.

Next time she stares at you just don't be uncomfortable and say, "What?" in a nonthreatening and inquisitive way if you can pull that off... watch her face in reaction to that question. Her face and eyes will tell you all you need to know about what she's been thinking and feeling. If you find no enlightenment and she is just as odd-ball then she is probably just socially inept and you can just relax and leave her alone to be herself.