+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confused about this girl

So confused about this girl

Shes been dating a guy 1 year older then us for 3 years or so now. Me and her are 18, lets say her name is claire. Her boyfriends name is bill, who is either 18 or turning 19.

Our "best friend" relationship has been growing quite drastically over the last few months. To the point where I started to have feelings for her, solely because it SEEMS like she has feelings for me.

Here are a FEW signs that I felt from her:

-Inviting me to "sleep" with her at a sleepover. Let me mention there was plenty of couches and beds open, and I told her I could sleep on a couch if she wants, but she insisted I sleep with her. For the record I didn't make a move and every day I regret that, because we were all alone in a room above a garage.

-She has this weird stare she does. She tilts her head sideways and just stares at me. Its torturous, cause I can't keep eye contact with her for a long time.

-We went on, what she called a, "double date" with my best friend and his gf. Claire wanted to me it clear that it was a "date", she said it many times.
    -She wanted to hold hands cause the other couple we were with, were.
    -She kept grabbing my pec, so I told her if she can grab mine I can grab hers. So she continues to grab mine, so I continue to grab hers.
    -Tickle fight
    -Slept ON me on the train ride home
    -Kissed her on the forehead and she giggled/blushed and didn't even complain about it

-Doesnt second guess me juicing (I dont know why I told her i do...)

-Takes pictures with me but has pictures of some other guys taken down that are put on facebook

-Talks about me quite often with her group of friends (which is also my group)

-Got jealous when I was texting her friend that I was trying to bang. I guess the friend was saying something about me, and Claire started to act "jealous" and started telling a story of how i grabbed her in school

-went to visit her bf at college and she starts drunk texting me saying she loves me, and made a date with me for the beach

Let me mention this isn't really even SCRATCHING the surface, there are a lot more!

For the record, after that "double date", I couldn't hide my feelings anymore and I spilled my guts the next day. I told her how I felt that she wanted me and so forth, and she denied it all, and how she felt really bad for leading me on and such. I told her I still don't believe her.

she said things like:

"if I wasnt dating bill things would be wayyyy different between us" (she said that twice, which basically I took as we'd be banging if she wasnt in a relationship)

As soon as I got home from the person to person talk with her, she starts texting me with things like

"im so sorry...ilove you,your a great guy. if im making it worse by texting you than im sorry but i couldn't help myself"

so eventually I got fed up with her and called her out with

"I think ur bullshitting. I think its obvious as anything as to what u are doing. Uve been dating bill so long ur afraid to leave him. Ur afraid to ruin ur reputation. U dont want to make a move on me, so u do things to me that make me make a move (sleeping with you, grabbing my pec, sleeping on me). U DONT act this way to ANY other guy that ive ever seen u with. Friends, even best friends, dont act this close. Dont even tell me im wrong, ur more obvious then any girl ive ever had"

^I hung out with her friends later that night, and without me even showing them that text, they basically said the SAME exact thing to me.

And its funny, cause even after all this, she told me she WOULDN'T change the way she acts around me because she doesn't want ANYTHING to change between us... So basically I can keep grabbing her tits, sleeping with her, kissing her, etc???

So I think its obvious that she wants me. But at times I feel like im just over analyzing everything. But the fact that she still asks me onto "dates" a day after I confess my love to her, and she denies her feelings, raises huge red flags.

Her friends think we should just bang already and get it over with, I wouldn't mind that at all. The sooner we bang, the sooner I can move on.

Im going to continue to make moves on her though. I think we are going out to dinner tonight???

Anyways, what do YOU guys think of this situation?

If she wants to be with you then she should end it with him but until then you should tell her that nothing can happen between the two of you. Not only is it not right to sleep with her when she has a bf but also how will you feel afterwards knowing she is with him? And saying 'The sooner we bang, the sooner I can move on' makes me think that all you're after is sex which is out of order when she is meant to be your best friend and she could potentially be ending a relationship to be with you...that's no way to treat a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by malteser View Post
    If she wants to be with you then she should end it with him but until then you should tell her that nothing can happen between the two of you. Not only is it not right to sleep with her when she has a bf but also how will you feel afterwards knowing she is with him? And saying 'The sooner we bang, the sooner I can move on' makes me think that all you're after is sex which is out of order when she is meant to be your best friend and she could potentially be ending a relationship to be with you...that's no way to treat a friend.

leading a "best friend" on is no way to treat a best friend. She knows damn straight how much i like her, and she told me shes not gonna change the way she acts around me, which basically implies she wants me to keep hitting on her

oh man. she likes you, it is pretty obvious. tread carefully. you may have to just be patient (not what you want to hear I know) but is may be the only course of action you can reasonably take.

Quote Originally Posted by portlandrocks View Post
    oh man. she likes you, it is pretty obvious. tread carefully. you may have to just be patient (not what you want to hear I know) but is may be the only course of action you can reasonably take.

I told her that its obvious she wants me, EVERYBODY can see it, yet she denied it. Any reason as to why shes doing this?

She's a slut. Only sluts cheat on their bfs.

And if she really wanted to be with you, she'd be with you. She probably just likes the sneaking around. It's a turn on. You mentioned her visiting her bf in college... how far away are they from each other? You could just be the guy she does things with on the side until she can be closer to him.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    She's a slut. Only sluts cheat on their bfs.

And if she really wanted to be with you, she'd be with you. She probably just likes the sneaking around. It's a turn on. You mentioned her visiting her bf in college... how far away are they from each other? You could just be the guy she does things with on the side until she can be closer to him.
    they are only like a 1.5 hour drive away. Shes going to college down south next year, while he is staying up north.

Oh, and I had a party last night. At the end i got wicked mad/emotional. Texted her and told her I was done with this bullshit. I can't be friends with somebody thats gonna keep leading me on.