+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Signals need help deceiphering!

Mixed Signals need help deceiphering!

I'll try to keep the story brief--

My current roommate is a slob. So I decided to move out. A good friend of mine told me he had a friend who was also looking to move out.

I met with her. She seemed really cool so we spent the next couple weeks finding a place. We found a place, signed the lease and now we move in in just a week!

There's one issue though-- I've recently realized I'm falling really hard for her. I've never met someone I've had more in common with.

We've basically hung out every day for the past 3 weeks. Each time we hang out ends with cuddling on the couch until really late at night-- or like last night, she invited me to hang out with her friends and we ended up crashing in her bed and we cuddled all night. No kissing or sex.

So, any normal girl, this would be obvious... People don't just cuddle and sleep in their underwear with people they aren't romantically interested in. But this is where I get confused because I'm NOT good at relationships. (I actually temporarily gave up dating last year after a string of bad dating experiences) I wish I could remember the exact sentences, but it goes something like: "Get used to it because I cuddle with all my roommates". But she also says things like, for example she picked up the bill at a restaurant yesterday and said "You're an expensive date!"-- Suggesting it was a date.

So is this just something she does? Does she have feelings for me? I'm so confused and I don't know how to bring it up...

And yes I know of all the negative stigma that goes with dating a roommate. For the sake of the question, ignore that we're roommates.

Thanks!

wow, im in a very close predicament as you, and its getting the best of me. The only difference is that my situation, the girl has a bf.

I say just to may slow subtle moves, though. Chances are, if you think she wants you, she probably does.

I personally over analyze everything (huge flaw), but if a girl asks you to sleep with her (even not sexually), then she probably wants you. This happened to me with the said girl, I didnt make a move and I greatly regret it.

Just hangout with her and make small moves. Whats the worst that could happen?

I wanted to kiss her so badly, you have no idea. She was wrapped around me and her face was on my shoulder, right by my face. It took everything I had to resist the urge to just grab her and kiss her. What if I make a move and it turns out she's not interested? We're going to be living together!

due to the fact she asked you to sleep with her, was wrapped around you, and calls it a date when u go somewhere, seems like shes interested.

The girl in my situation has been dating a guy for 3 years (and shes not considered a slut in ANYBODYS standards), but after our "double date" I kissed her on the forehead. She giggled and blushed, and didn't say anything and seemed to enjoy it.

I say next time you feel like u should kiss her, do it. If she gets mad, you count your losses and move on. If she doesn't care, chances are she enjoys it. Theres only one way to find out

Quote Originally Posted by cruisectrl View Post
    I wanted to kiss her so badly, you have no idea. She was wrapped around me and her face was on my shoulder, right by my face. It took everything I had to resist the urge to just grab her and kiss her. What if I make a move and it turns out she's not interested? We're going to be living together!
    She could accuse you of sexual assault, in which case you'd almost certainly be evicted. I'd have a go, but make sure you can squirm your way out of it when things go wrong. Girls in their early 20s are apparently, these days, basically what you would expect out of a teenager. They love to cuddle and cannot control their hormones.

ended up crashing in her bed and we cuddled all night. No kissing or sex.
    ... and yet another thread where some "sap" sleeps in the same bed with a chick and doesn't know where he stands with her. Why the hell would you sleep in the same bed with someone you like before you've had sex with her?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; all that does is cause confusion about feelings and the guy more likely than not waking up with blue balllzzzz... what a dumb idea to be a real live teddy bear to someone you want to actually shag.

.. what is this foolishness? Save sleeping for when you're alone or; when you're doing it with someone you've at least established where you stand with her and you've already consumated the union.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-04-12 at 08:27 AM.

I know that you want us to pretend as if you aren't roommates, but I'm going to go ahead and tell you how BAD of an idea this is. If you start to like her and develop "feelings" for her, then you're going to be crushed every time she brings a guy home. There are PLENTY of women out there that you don't need to be making this mistake.

On another note, if you're sleeping in the same bed as her then you might as well be ****ing her.

What is with guys not being assertive?
    I don't chase, I replace.