+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could it be worse?

Could it be worse?

So I'll start from the beginning. I've met one guy almost one year ago (I were 17years old) and yesterday was our (almost) one year anniversary. Actually I can't say that everything went perfect, but I were trully in love with him. Since I met him, I've changed my life style, opinion on many things, gave up smoking, drinking. Though I had lots of fights with my parents, started communicate less with my friends. We spent almost all our free time together and it become routine... We become irritable and started arguing about every small thing, but on the other hand we claimed every day that we love each other. So after 9 months of relationship we broke up, it was uder his iniative. We've trying to stay friends, but it was too hard so we decided to cut off all connections. It was the most hardest two months of my life, the person who claimed he'll never leave me, betrayed me though I understood that there was no chance to be together - we both got tired of these relationship. Despite that I truly cared about him, and still were jealous for him. So we have talked several times, and after the last one we decided to meet... After that he started to claim he would never leave me again and asked me for a second chance. I can say I'm not in love as I were before with him and it's hard to trust again, but I want to see how the things will go - maybe it will be much better this time.
    But the problem is.. after 4 weeks I'm going to UK for a summer job so he is (though to the other city and for much longer period of time - it may be almost half a year) and we won't be able to see each other. Second thing is - we will be able to be together only if I'll study or work abroad (for some reasons..), but I'm not sure about if I want to move there. And the third thing - my parents dislike our ralationship and after recent argue with them they forbided me to see him (actually I'm under home arrest till I move to uk for a job).
    I'm completely confused - I have feelings for him, but I don't know if things will work out in this situation... So, I just want to hear your opinion, maybe it will help me ;/ thank you.

Just let this relationship go. There's too much stress from outside, along with all the stress from inside the relationship. It's over.

And to answer your title question..Yes, it could absolutely be worse.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 01-05-12 at 02:17 AM.

So you mean we shouldn't date anymore? :?

Yes. I mean you should not date anymore.

It is already a failed relationship, and now you want to try again without fixing any of the problems. On top of that, you're adding MORE problems! On top of THAT, one of those problems is great distance, which is usually a relationship killer.

I just don't know that to do now, realy, that person seems realy want to try it again, and puts effort in everything for our relationship now, but I can't do anything with myself, maybe I could believe him, but I barely believe in myself. Of course I want to have again that feeling like I had before we broke up, but now I'm scared to be hurt again, and in case of that I can't trust him completely and act like a little bitch sometimes. ;/

Reread my last post.

Maybe the guy wants to get back together for a few weeks of sex before moving to another city where he won't be able to see you for six months.... It seems like its way too complicated right now to give it another go. Focus on your life. Someone better will come along.

I dunno, actually there is a chance for us to go together abroad and he asks me for that.

Just do it then. Get back together with him. Please let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for your post.