+ Follow This Topic

Thread: BS or not..

BS or not..

well I told this girl that I like her and she told me that she's leaving for
    college soon which is about a month away,that she thinks she shouldn't start
    anything and maybe keep things how they are as a co-worker/friend type of deal. well that I consider that getting turned down..well I got to wondering
    if she's giving me bullcrap here or she was telling the truth,where she
    doesn't want to start something like dating/relationship then leave it in a
    month where its some long distance thing. so would any of you do the same with
    he/she or start a relationship,yet still keep it even though its long distance?

Only a month till she leaves? I wouldn't want to start a relationship if I were her. She'll be meeting so many new people, which will probably make you feel insecure. Happens in most cases buddy, and is a head/heartache you both can deal without.

also she said that she wanted the summer to spend with friends not knowing when they all will get to see each other once leaving..

JohnsonROd,
    I know its pointless at the moment that she's leaving for college,but I want to leave the door open incase something ever happened,but with her comments does that point more to if it weren't for college i'd have a chance?? where if she wasn't interested period she would've commented differently?

hmmm... who knows man- the bottom line is that she IS leaving for college and doesn't want to be tied down.

If you want to leave the door open and just be friends, by all means do so... be someone she can talk to, and maybe in the future you guys will end up together, maybe not.

But at the same time you have to realize that over the next year she is going to change very dramatically, and you might not even want to be with her after that.

Yah, and about if she's bullshitting or not? I dunno, how could I?

A no is a no- period.

Believe it or not, but, long distance relationships last only in 1 out of 10 occasions. It is a very high maintenance type of relationship whether emotionally or financially and epectations are hardly met. Soon enough, couples get bored and realize it's always better to have someone you love close by.
    Last edited by Jay-Tea; 07-07-03 at 01:27 PM.
    Jay-tea :0)

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what could i say that hasn't been stated? hrmm.. did they mention how many new people you meet at college? damn the first day i went there were so many chicks!! leave it along and move on. don't worry, you'll meet a lot of girls in college. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

peshkunta Guest
    College...

It's like a breeding ground!

Few relationships could survive.

Unless you go to a commuter college. I went there and actually LOST friends. That's why I quit.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hahahaha... i love that one. lol. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Originally posted by sports1
    also she said that she wanted the summer to spend with friends not knowing when they all will get to see each other once leaving..

JohnsonROd,
    I know its pointless at the moment that she's leaving for college,but I want to leave the door open incase something ever happened,but with her comments does that point more to if it weren't for college i'd have a chance?? where if she wasn't interested period she would've commented differently?
    Sports -
    Sounds to me like this is one level-headed girl. If I met you, and liked you and wanted to be with you, because I have a good head on my shoulders, I would rather miss the opportunity to be with you than go through distance, confusion and hurt.

Would you really want to invest all your time in someone for one month, to have them leave you for a whole year? Really? Is it worth it to you?

There are already people in your life Im sure you care about and would like to at least spend time with if you were goin away in a month.

Who would you invest your time in - them? or some chick you may never see again?

yeah,all I can do is then..talk to other girls yet keep the door open incase something happened someday.

I still talk to her online..other night said even though she doesn't leave until a month,but said its been great getting to know her and she's an awesome person..once she's gone,hope someday we'll be able to talk again if its online or in person...her response was "we will sometime"

Well, Best of luck to you. Just dont be too heartbroken about it...

Hey Sports1 look at it this way - she seems like a "nice" and "level-headed" girl. She's been polite, she hasn't completely blown you off, she still replies to your email. That's all good. The bottom line is at least you know that you're attracted to women who have these qualities. That means the chances are you'll meet another girl like that too. TRUST ME on the long distance relationship thing - it's not worth it... and as other members have pointed out, especially when she's off to college. It's smart to say no... for both of you to say no. At least for now.

Supposedly there are 3 women for every guy on this plant right now - so the odds are in your favour, get out there and go for it... !!!