+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, your opinions? Advice & opinions needed STAT!

Ladies, your opinions? Advice & opinions needed STAT!

Hello to all the ladies reading and willing to read through my story here. I will try to provide as much pertinent information as possible. I have not ever been involved with something quite like this, so I hope I can garner some advice from all of you - thank you much in advance!

I first met this girl at work 2 1/2 years ago. We were first just friendly acquaintances in our young 20s, both single, but eventually became friendly. We started to see each other outside of work, all of them 1 on 1 meetings.

We had a dinner in the winter of 2010, and I jokingly suggested we go on a small trip together to escape the stresses of work life for her birthday in 2012. Being small talk, we both had a good time dwelling on the idea - but I didn't think it was serious. It was in the back of my mind though, throughout the past few years.

I started developing a small crush on her last summer but didn't make anything of it. There were small things I noticed about her when we were alone together. We spent a lot of time together last summer (around 3-4 times a month from June to August + seeing each other at work). I felt my feelings starting to intensify, but yet I still didn't make much out of it. I wanted to enjoy our moments together. We went to see all the summer blockbuster movies, summer festivals and we even went a day hiking trip out into the wilderness. It was a very fun-filled summer with memories of her, but at the same time - had me slightly confused.

Anyway, one day during the summer - she brought up the one week trip we planned back in 2010, and asked if I wanted to take her for her birthday upcoming in March 2012. I was a little taken aback, but I remember being very happy on the inside when she remembered. I guess she had it in her mind all along too. So we agreed and planned a getaway together in March. At the same time, I playfully told her I had planned a 5 week getaway overseas in May 2012. She told me she was happy for my plans.

In autumn of 2011, we slowed things down - and saw each other 2 times a month outside of work. During one of these meetings - she inquired about my 5 week getaway and suggested we could go together (as she is fluent in the regions' language and has experience in the region). Nevertheless, we both got very excited at the prospect and started our planning. Throughout autumn and the coming winter, we vigorously planned our vacations. 1 week in March 2012, and 5 weeks in May-June 2012. It was an exciting time for me, I felt I had a really close friend to share these happy memories with.

In December 2011 - we reached the accommodation stage of planning for both trips. It might sound bad, but we agreed to share a room/bed to cut costs. To be honest, we saved around $200 for the 1 week trip, and over $800 for the 5 week trip. Nevertheless, I was not sure what I was venturing into - as it seemed like funny business even to me. I asked her if she was sure about going forward with the decision, and she told me that she trusted me. Even so, I couldn't help but feel what she was feeling or thinking.

Months passed and in March 2012 - we went on our first 5 day trip together. Things were really great, we had absolutely beaming smiles at the airport as we met - and it really felt like we were going to have a great time. As soon as we arrived at our destination away from home - it was like a free pass and we were flirting back and forth. We had some great key moments together; watching the sunset at a vantage point, falling asleep in the van together on the drive back (by a personal guide), shopping, etc.

The past few nights, even though we slept in the same bed - nothing had happened between us. We just slept. But on the last night, we got back to the room late - and settled to bed. We had a nice, long talk and eventually got really close. In your face close and breathing on each other. Then I started stroking her hair and brushing her cheek with my finger. I almost immediately expected a lash back response, but she let me and snuggled closer. Eventually, we did kiss. I don't know how long it lasted, but I wish it could have lasted forever. It was like kissing somebody for the first time ever. As if I wanted to do it for the longest time, but it never came to be until that moment. Things did get more heated, but we didn't have any sex because we did not have protection.

Anyway, we came back from vacation - and things were back to normal. We had a nice dinner and outing in April, and it was like we were great friends again. We joked a bit about what transpired that night, but didn't really talk about it seriously. No awkwardness, no feelings of regret.

So now here we are, we both leave together again - in 3 days time for another adventure in the world. But for 5 weeks this time.

I don't mean to be a dimwit in any means, but I have some questions to the readers now.
    PS. I may be a man, but I'm not a man to put my penis into anything that breathes. I do treat intimate situations with more thought and emotion than the usual male.

1) As a female, would you kiss/makeout with a male friend when sober if you were in her position?
    2) As a female, would you agree to vacation with a male friend alone for that length of time? Sleeping in the same bed?
    3) As a female, what is your personal view of this situation? How do you think she feels?

I am aware all my questions could have an "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHAT DO YOU THINK?!" response, but I am just hoping for honest answers. Thank you so much for your time.

Yours truly,

maybeinlove?

There is no way of "knowing" anything. Every women will treat this situation differently, because of moral values, beliefs, and personality.

For me I don't "make out" with male friends.

I don't share a bed with a male friend, I share a bed with a man I am dating.

In my female opinion, ask her out on an official date, and make your intentions known.....women want a guy that has confidence that will step up and make them know that they are desired, so you need to stop F uckin around and lay a hump into her before she ends up with Julio the bartender on your next vacation.

Thanks for your post.