+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Told her via text that i enjoyed kissing her, have i killed the romance?

Told her via text that i enjoyed kissing her, have i killed the romance?

Hey there!

I have been sort of seeing this girl for a few weeks now, and I really REALLY like her! haha

So we have gone out on a few dates, and towards the end of each date, we have spent quite some time making out passionately. We have told each other that we both really like each other, and we have also made it clear that we both really enjoy making out.

At this point, we have not slept together.

On Saturday night, after we were at a party together, we left and went to a school (obviously at night, there was no one there!), where we hung out for a few hours, talked/vibed, and made out alot. At the end of the night, she didnt seem keen to come home with me (which I'm ok with, obviously she just wants to take things slow), so i dropped her off at home, kissed her good night and went home.

The next day, she sent me a text saying that she enjoyed making out with me in the garden bed and asked when im free to catch up again. To this i replied that i also enjoyed kissing her in the garden bed, and that i would be free in the next few days to catch up.

So far, she has not replied to this. Now here's my concern: up until this message, i have kept my cool a little bit, and avoided showing too much affection, as from past experience i have learned that being too emotional, especially via text message, can be off-putting to a girl, as, apparently, (most) girls like a guy thats a bit hard to get etc, as it keeps things exciting and mysterious etc. Im worried that now, all of a sudden, since i told her via the text message that i enjoyed kissing her, that she has lost a bit of interest.

Or on the contrary, perhaps im just reading too much into things too much. I guess I'm just a bit paranoid, because like i said, i really like this girl and don't wanna blow my chances!

I'd love a females perspective on this, cos its really hard as a guy to understand how females think. Could something so small as this completely kill the progress this girl and i have made together thus far? Put yourself in her shoes, would you be turned off by a guy you like telling you that he enjoyed kissing you, or would it make you feel good? Bare in mind, that we have been interacting with each other for about a month now, from the moment we met and started flirting, to the last few weeks where we have been on dates, and have kissed each time.

Thanks in advance! I really hope i can put my mind at ease!

Considering she told you first she enjoyed making out with you there is no logical reason why you saying the same thing would have killed the romance.

How long exactly has it been since you texted and she hasn't responded? How frequent was text contact prior to this?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

hey

thanks for the prompt response.

well i i sent my text yesterday lunch time (im in australia, so that was about 30 hours ago) and no reply since.

its hard to explain the text, so ill write below how the conversation went.

Foreword: whilst we were hanging out at the school making out, we were trying to think of somewhere we could go, cos it was cold, and i think we were both getting sexually frustrated (whilst making out, things were getting sexual ie we were lying in the garden, practically having sex with our clothes on). anyway, we couldnt decide where to go, cos my house was too far, and she didnt feel comfortable with the idea of going to my friends house nearby to find an empty bed, and she didnt feel comfortable with me coming back to hers, cos she lives with her parents. so for a while we were joking about our indecisiveness. also note: tanbark is a kind of garden, for those not aware (excuse my ignorance if ppl are aware of this)

Her: "Morning!. Thanks so much for the lift home, the walk would have been a long one. We were pretty hopeless at making decisions last night, but you've definitely done your share, so next ones on me, promise. (by the way, that's not to say i didnt very much enjoy making out with you in the tanbark). So what days suit you this week?"

Me (sent about 2 and a half hours later): "id be lying if i said i didnt enjoy kissing you in the tanbark bed. Im actually considering moving out of home and into a school yard, you can come and visit whenever you like. Ok well i think any day from Wednesday onwards is good for me. So from there, ill leave the decision making ball in your court!"

(You'll have to excuse my weird sense of humor ie joking about moving out of home and into a school yard - i was just referring to the fact that we spent a whole night there, and we were kind of getting used to it...if that makes sense? who knows, perhaps it was this weird joke that put her off..? I dunno, i was really tired when i sent the text, and it seemed to make sense at the time)

anyways, sorry to ramble on, just thought it would help to have the whole picture.

im also thinking perhaps the reason she hasnt replied is cos i have left the decision making to her. Normally, i would like to be the one in charge, as (from what im lead to believe), girls like leaders, and therefore, like the guy to make the decisions...(apologies if this sounds sexist...no offense intended)

oh and also, how frequent were the texts before this? well, we dont text back and forth alot, like texts for the sake of flirting or anything like that. we mainly just text when we are trying to arrange to meet up, as we leave the flirting to the actual date etc.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1 View Post
    lol
    care to elaborate? haha

I don't see anything weird in your text. Perhaps she wants you to make the decision as to when exactly to meet again? If she still hasn't replied by tomorrow, text her asking her if it's ok to meet on wednesday at a specific time and place.

I think perhaps you're reading too much into her silence as it sounds like you did nothing strange and she was pretty keen up until that last text conversation. If anything I think you did the right thing by letting her know you like her! I'm sure there is a perfectly innocent explanation for her silence (lost phone, death in the family etc), but if you haven't heard anything soon, drop her a line and check to see she's ok.

Great! thanks for all the nice words!

G

It blows my mind.

Maybe she just wants you to tell her you enjoyed the kiss too but not too much because she will think that you are just looking for a sex partner.

thumbs up

Hmmm well I texted her this morning saying that we should catch up either tomorrow or the day after at uni, and still no reply (nearly twelve hours has passed). So it seems like something is up. However, I'm not convinced that she has all of a sudden decided that she doesn't like me, as for weeks now, we have been showing our affection for each other. Even in the extreme case that she did for whatever reason find my text off putting, I still don't even think she would all of a sudden just decide to stop liking me and stop responding to me, especially cos we work in the same street as each other, so she wouldn't be able to avoid confrontation with me! I think if she had stopped liking me, she would just send me a text blowing me off or something, saying she was busy with other stuff of something.

So who knows for what number of reasons I haven't got a reply from her yet. Maybe she lost her phone or something or has no credit to call me. Whatever the case, I think I should just Sit back and wait, as if I keep hounding her with texts and calls etc, that will just make me look needy, and could potentially push her away.

The waiting is just killing me! I just want a chance to see her again and kiss her again! Aarrrhhhh!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd wait a bit longer, then ask her if you've inadvertently offended her in some way.

I don't see anything wrong at all with the conversations you posted, but who knows? Some girls are just crazy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

To be honest, you dont really give us much info about this woman. For example, whats her lowest score at sawgrass? Has she ever hit a double eagle? Did she ever make the final of the champions league with a pish team like werder bremen? These are the sort of things you should be asking her. sending her texts saying you like kissing her is just gay. Btw , just out of interest, does she have an iphone, if not, i wouldnt worry about her. Most decent birds have a top of the range phone these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    To be honest, you dont really give us much info about this woman. For example, whats her lowest score at sawgrass? Has she ever hit a double eagle? Did she ever make the final of the champions league with a pish team like werder bremen? These are the sort of things you should be asking her. sending her texts saying you like kissing her is just gay. Btw , just out of interest, does she have an iphone, if not, i wouldnt worry about her. Most decent birds have a top of the range phone these days.
    ...this isnt very helpful, im afraid!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast