+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18 year old girl dating a 27 year old guy?

Age shouldnt really matter...but police officers don't have very high IQ's.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    So... I can date someone that's 28 without appearing creepy?! Oooohhh... I dunno. I think that'd be creepy.
    I'm in your ballpark too. I don't get this rule either. No way I'd date a kid that young. Even my kids age + 20 seems too young.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

My kids age plus 20 would be about my age... my oldest is 22. But I look young enough that I still get carded if I've recently shaved. I get a kick out of telling them that I have kids old enough to drink.

Doesn't mean I want to date anybody that young though.

My wife's a bit older than me, and that suits me just fine.

Since he is a police officer, the age difference might matter depending on your state's law. Because these laws generally take affect when a "person of authority" is involved, which includes police, teachers, college professors, bosses, managers, and similar people. So if the age difference is too much, him having sex with you, might be illegal. Him dating you might get him kicked off the force. See this link: Age of Consent in North America http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

I think he likes you but be aware of your state's law of the age difference. If you are not breaking the law, and you think it might work, try it. Be aware that the divorce rate for police officers is MUCH much higher than the average because their job can be really stressful. So what exactly is his job? Does he only patrol campus (not too stressful dealing with drunk coeds)? Or does he get shot and stabbed too?
    Last edited by bulrush; 05-09-12 at 11:37 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12