+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18 year old girl dating a 27 year old guy?

18 year old girl dating a 27 year old guy?

So I'm the 18 year old girl in this situation, and the guy I like is 27 and (obviously) much more experienced than I am. I'm not too concerned about our age gap right now, so disregard that. I'm also not some immature 18 year old girl who parties and hooks up with guys every weekend, and he knows and respects this. So if we ever got into a relationship, I feel like we could make it work for a long time. The thing is I think he's interested, but I have my doubts of course.

Since I first met him, I have gotten vibes that he's interested in me, even though I'm not 100% sure he does. I'll always see that he's already looking at me whenever I look at him, and it's like an intense gaze. He'll try and make small talk with me about something random, move closer to me, tease me a little.. even though he is a jokester kinda guy. We first met through mutual friends, and when we found out we were from the same town he said I looked familiar (even though he didn't look familiar to me at all haha) and started asking me questions about myself.
    I met him towards the end of January, and just this past month or so we've gotten to know each other better (or as good as you can personally get to know someone when surrounded by your other friends.. no real private conversations). I see him maybe 3-4 times a week at night when he comes to visit the RAs at my building.

Now this is something that recently happened. Well first of all he's a police officer at my college, so this is how I know him. He comes to visit the RAs in my building and I'm good friends with my RAs. Me, him, and my RA friends were hanging out and we were telling him to not give us parking tickets because we parked in the lot behind my building which isn't overnight parking. For everyone else he's like, "of course I'll give you a parking ticket.." but when we were saying to not give me a parking ticket as well, he just looks at me and says, "I like (my name).." okay that sounds creepy in writing, but it really wasn't! I'm just thinking oh, you like me?

Then last night, he saw me and my friend goofing off on these scooter things in the lobby (our form of de-stressing before finals, haha) of our building because he was watching the security cameras at the police station. Shortly after he saw us on camera, he texts one of my RAs who has his number and says, "so I see (my name) got a scooter too?" she responds, and he says back, "I saw them scooting around the lobby ha ha it was funny/cute." So he adds the cute in there.. but who knows if he actually meant anything by that?

So as I said, I've had that gut feeling that he likes me for a while now, but I'm just unsure if he likes me back! I'm always a doubter.. And I wouldn't put it past him to like a girl my age because I've heard about his past relationships.. and yes he's single. I'll be turning 19 soon while he's still 27, and I know he's looking for something serious and so am I, so I'd be willing to try. It also really helps that we live in the same town.

So what do you guys think about this whole situation? What should I do next? I know I need to get to know him more once this semester is over. But since I think he's giving me the signs he's interested, should I tell him that I like him? I feel like he might be hesitant because of my age, and he wouldn't think I'd like an older guy like him.

You should follow your heart...

According to your own thoughts

First things first. Have u got a Playstation?

much appreciated

-bump-

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's too old for you, and he surely knows it. Half plus seven - that's the rule to avoid being creepy. Half of 27 plus 7 years is nearly 21 - that's the minimum age a girl should be for him to avoid looking like a pedophile.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    He's too old for you, and he surely knows it. Half plus seven - that's the rule to avoid being creepy. Half of 27 plus 7 years is nearly 21 - that's the minimum age a girl should be for him to avoid looking like a pedophile.
    What rule? You mean its the law in America? lol Crazy mofos

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ooh, welcome back, mwahahhaha! It's not a law; it's a dating rule.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg[/url]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Half-age-plus-seven-relationship-rule.svg[/url]
    Yeah, thanks for the welcome back. Dunno what happened, i searched the site one day and it was gone. Thought the F.B.I had finally busted the sites ass and closed it. Shocking that Wiki page. ill have to go tell my woman its over. I break that rule by 3 years. Ah well, was bored of the lazy mare anyway. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    First things first. Have u got a Playstation?
    It's not about whether she has it or not, but is she willing to give it to him

On a serious note, he might not be professionally allowed to ask you on a date, so it might be up to you to make the first move. It sounds like he is interested, so if I were you I'd ask him out for a coffee. Its tough to date an 18 year old because of the drinking laws, its limits the things you can do and places you can go. Other than that, I'd say make a move on him, because he might not be able to make one on you.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Ha, you all are sooo funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    It's not about whether she has it or not, but is she willing to give it to him

On a serious note, he might not be professionally allowed to ask you on a date, so it might be up to you to make the first move. It sounds like he is interested, so if I were you I'd ask him out for a coffee. Its tough to date an 18 year old because of the drinking laws, its limits the things you can do and places you can go. Other than that, I'd say make a move on him, because he might not be able to make one on you.
    Anyways, thanks for the serious reply. This is true.. so I probably would have to make the first move. I was thinking I probably would have to anyways. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fallbackintome View Post
    And I wouldn't put it past him to like a girl my age because I've heard about his past relationships..
    What do youmean by that? he normally like young girls like you?

and he is way to old for you. and it also sounds very creepy the way he act .
    and you are to naive to see that.

go for people your age.
    guys older then you can abuse you easily cause you dont see the danger.

why dont you ask your parents what they think.
    and you search for something quite in every thing he said. while there is noting there. sad.

This thread is old, why bother posting?

So... I can date someone that's 28 without appearing creepy?! Oooohhh... I dunno. I think that'd be creepy.

A lot depends on maturity level, lifestyle, and expectations. My GF is a mature 22 year old, I am
    an immature (younger looking) 31 year old, who is not thinking about kids, marriage, etc right now, but do want a
    committed relationship with someone who has similar thoughts. The time she has off when not in school works well with my schedule.
    She has an energy level similar to mine too.

Yes, it's an older thread, but why not throw in another perspecitive for someone reading it who is in a similar situation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast