+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does it mean when a girl says...

What does it mean when a girl says...

I spent some time with a girl that I dated two years ago and still had feelings for. I could see she had a great time until the end of the night (she's been seeing someone for the 2 years we've been apart) she kept saying he was a great guy but he wasn't me, but she won't take a chance with me because she "wants me but needs him".

What does it mean when someone says "I want you but I need him."? I think it's an excuse not to take a chance but ladies help me out on this one. I've wanted to call her for days but I havent because there are still feelings between her and I. After the last time we saw one another she said she couldn't wait to see if there was spark between the two of us anymore and she was moving on... I dunno hat to make of all this.

It means that she thinks that you'd be better for her (in terms of being a "good guy" and not making her suffer), but she can't help having feelings for the other guy, therefore she'll stick with him. Probably the reason you wouldn't make her suffer is precisely because she doesn't have feelings for you, so even if you did something wrong it wouldn't hurt her as much as if the other guy, whom she has feelings for, did it.

I think it means that he is a better provider for her. She'd do you, but she wants him as a life-partner.

Stay away from her regardless of what she means. She's not going to give him up and if you keep hanging with her you'll end up crushed when she's doing you and going home to him.

You deserve someone who is not embroiled in another relationship so leave her be and don't be having one-on-one date like activities with her anymore. I can see you getting into deep shit if you keep that up.

This broad sounds like she doesnt even have an iphone. She sounds like the type of bird that has one of those old nokias that doesnt event get the internets. Forget this cavewoman.

She is basically telling you that you are the nice guy that she should go for but she's very much into him..As everyone above is telling you, move on.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I agree with everyone else. Even if she started to date you, I think deep down she would still have feelings for this guy. And if the opportunity arose, she could potentially gravitate towards him and end up hurting you - whether through infidelity or dumping you to be with him. I'm not saying she's a bad person, she can't help how she feels. Just be glad she was honest with you, it definitely has saved you from pain in the future. I would move on, find a girl who wants AND needs you.

"A fresh new start. A brand new day, and I got lots of love to give away. It don't matter if it's raining, nothing can phase me. I make my own sunshine."

okey-dokey

well down