+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can anyone make sense of this term?

Can anyone make sense of this term?

Is the following a commonly used term or is it not, the bit at end about liking people who like me (so far away)? I'm confused and can't work it out:

"Not that I'm irresitable lol, although I do wonder if I only like people who like me (so far anyway)!"

It's a copy/paste of a line written from my girlfriend to a close female friend of her's, I came across it by chance as the laptop hadn't closed down properly. Basically, it was within an email where she was writing about a crush she had on her recently ex-supervisor in work (when I say recently, she got a new job few weeks back). She talks about how in 3 weeks from now she is travelling to Glasgow (300 miles away) to attend a conference, he is going to as well, says things like she'd probably be disappointed if he didn't show, whilst trying to understand if her feelings are a crush or something more.

I'm not bothered about the crush, it's natural, everyone gets them including me, the trick is not to act on them, but that term I'm honestly bewildered (can't be sure) as to what it means. I've 3 things going through head:

1 Even though she worked with him daily, 2 miles away, Glasgow is 300 miles away so is her words of " (so far away) " referring to the distance to Glasgow?

2 It is a commonly used term, that people (hopefully you) are familiar with? If so, I'd really appreciate your response as to what it means.

3 Is she referring to a possible different guy who liked her, so her feelings were mutual, who lives far away from where our home is.

To add, she does have a history of generally only liking people who liked her first. I'm honestly bamboozled (not sure), about the line in bold above, I know it shouldn't bug me but it is. Any words of wisdom or clarity of them are appreciated.

For info, I did google the words and phrase, but no results (ie., possible explanation) showed.

She wrote "so far anyway", not "so far away"... it's got nothing to do with distance, it's actually about time: so far, she has only liked people who liked her back. It may change in the future, as in, she might like someone who doesn't like her back some day.

well down

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    She wrote "so far anyway", not "so far away"... it's got nothing to do with distance, it's actually about time: so far, she has only liked people who liked her back. It may change in the future, as in, she might like someone who doesn't like her back some day.
    immpressive sherlock...

Hahah, well the OP seemed seriously confused so I tried to spell it out for him :-).

Ha ha ha ha ha