+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maybe you could give me closure?

Maybe you could give me closure?

I just read an article about why is it harder to get over your broken heart when there is no closure.
    Well, my ex won't be a help with it, so maybe you guys would help..!

Well, so we've been together for about 6 months. He was my roommate when I spent a semester abroad.
    We were together almost 24/7, went to many trips. We mostly had good time (of course we fought, but mainly).
    I had known since the start that we're going to break up when I'll go back home (is in the US I'm in Europe),
    but still I fall inlove so deeply.

We never talked about what will happened when I'll leave.
    He said that he will come to visit me in the summer, that he will write a lot.
    Said all of that even without me bringing this up.

Eventually he didn't come, stopped mailing rather fast. Kinda cut me off.

I kinda left me confused.
    I think that maybe if he actually told me that he will do it, it would have been easier for me.
    I want answers, as to why he acted this way.
    Why he needed to lie to me?

As I said, it was obvious that we're going to break up, so I can't understand his motive.
    He acted weird, barely touched me in my last week with him, and usually we had great sex life.
    And kinda as a jerk, I needed to force him to go for lunch with me on my last day,
    and he didn't even waited with me in the airport until my flight was up,
    and told me that he's doing school work when I wanted to talk during my flight-connection time.

Why would a guy do that?
    We had a really good time together, why can't be nice for one more day?
    I feel so hurt and the not knowing and understanding is in my head all the time!
    http://nocastnoshadow.blogspot.com/

I'd like to see that article because closure comes within not from the other person. Once you accept everything for what it was and actually understand that what you two had wasn't going to go any further then what it did.. then you will get the closure you need to be able to become indifferent to him and any residual longing you may have to be with him will fade more quickly.

You said yourself that you knew you would be breaking up, that your time to gether had an end date so why are you clinging to this victimhood? Doing that is keeping you from having this closure you seek.

There might be 5 - 10 "guesses" from people in this forum about why he wasn't attentive and loving to you at the end but none of those will give you closure until you give it to yourself through self-reflection and acceptance.

My guess why he did what he did: Perhaps it was his way of cutting off any feelings of attachment to you?

He probably realized there was no future between you two and he decided to just cut things off so he could move on. Often the only way to really get over someone is to stop seeing/talking to them. Yes, he should of at least said something to you instead of just completely cutting you out of his life, but it's probably for the best.

you got it