+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need help, I don't know why I said this

I need help, I don't know why I said this

I'd first like to start off that I'm in a long distance relationship with a girl I met online. We've been in it for about four months, and I seriously need help. Last night we were talking on MSN and I responded to a statement she made by indirectly calling her "ugly." This ISN'T true, and I don't know why I said it, but it's like I hit enter before I thought of the actual interpretation of the sentence, and now she's considering not coming to visit and stopping our photo exchanges. I don't know what to do, I couldn't sleep, and worst of all she said she doesn't know if she can believe it to be a lie. I've done everything I can to convince her but it's not working, and I've repeated that it's not true countless times. What should I do? I'm lost and I'm really worried this stupid mistake will ruin our relationship.
    Last edited by demias; 09-05-12 at 09:58 PM.

All you can do is reiterate to her that it was a harebrained mistake, that you didn't mean it, and that you're sorry. Maybe get a screenshot of his post you made and send it to her. But past that, if she wants to end it, then she's going to end it.

Now, if you've made it amply clear that it was a mistake and you're completely reasonable about it, and she still wants to end it anyway--there's a possibility that she wanted to end it for other reasons and this was just an opportunity that she took to do it. IMO.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mistakes happen, and sometimes things are said that you don't mean. But, how in the world can you call someone you care about ugly? Even in a joke, that's not something you would say to your gf.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
    Mistakes happen, and sometimes things are said that you don't mean. But, how in the world can you call someone you care about ugly? Even in a joke, that's not something you would say to your gf.
    Like I said, it had no rhyme or reason to it, and I have no idea why I did. I love her with all my heart and I would never say that disgusting lie to her and never do anything to hurt her. I don't know if I meant to use another word or what happened, but a silly little mistake like this ruining a relationship is depressing. I'm getting her on voice chat later to see if I can fix this, I'm guessing this will probably be my last shot, yeah?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well.. the ball is pretty much in her court now. I mean you keep telling her it was a mistake and that you didn't mean it and how much you care for her but it's up to her if she's going to believe you.

Well.. the ball is pretty much in her court now. I mean you keep telling her it was a mistake and that you didn't mean it and how much you care for her but it's up to her if she's going to believe you.
    The thing that bothers me is that she still has doubts about it being a mistake or not with all the apologizing that I've done. I OBVIOUSLY think she's gorgeous, why else would I keep bugging her for pictures? That's what's killing me.
    Last edited by demias; 10-05-12 at 05:13 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Words can hurt, there's no doubting that. All you can do is make all this better by reassuring her and complimenting her and so on. She may not believe you which is why I said the ball is in her court...

Words can hurt, there's no doubting that. All you can do is make all this better by reassuring her and complimenting her and so on. She may not believe you which is why I said the ball is in her court...
    Yeah I know, I'm just really paranoid that I've ****ed everything up.