+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She slept with the ex... yet im still here...

She slept with the ex... yet im still here...

Please take the time to read

Ive been with my girlfriend for 7 months now and on February 1st we moved into a house together (rented)
    To cut a long story short 10 days before we moved in she slept with her ex boyfriend, who she had been with for about 3 years, when ever, we had
    arguments and she got upset she always use to text him. (this only happened when she was drunk)

Then one night we went out for a night out with a few friends and she refused to get out with me at mine, she then got out of the taxi 1 minute after me and ended up back at his!!! (he lives round the corner from me)

This happened on January 18th and it took me 6 weeks to discover the truth, it was only by chance the truth came out and looking back the amount of lies she told to try and cover her tracks is terrible... (almost hurts more than what she did)

After I discovered the truth I didnt know what to do, she says she was drunk, i was a terrible mistake and to be fair to her... since the inccodent she has been amazing, i cant fault her, she has changed, has nothing to hide etc

My problem is that I think about what she did every single day, I do still love her and she is very very attractive (more so than me) and Im scared that if i leave her... I will have made a mistake, but am i going to go on thinking like this every day...

Has anyone been in a simular situation? any advice?
    Thanks

You will definetly have to evalute the situation in a whole. Think about it, have you ever had any reason not to trust her before? Do you feel like this single event ruins the whole trust you've built up for this girl? If so, you should talk to her and tell her that you will have to think about continiuing. If you however feel like you can trust her, and you believe that this has made things better in a way, then you should just continue the relationship. But it's extremely important that you feel that you have said everything you need to say before you forgive her, or else it will come back and bite you.

My girlfriend hooked up (kissed and made out) with a guy a week ago at a party, when she had been drinking. She was totally devastated and regretted it so much. I really didn't want to make it a bigger deal than it was, and told her that even though I did not approve of it at all, I will forgive her, because all the trust I've built up for her won't be ruined by a single mistake. However, if something like that happens again, you should equip yourself with sharper weapons. (not literally speaking).

Good luck.

much appreciated