+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Think Positive

Think Positive

Tonight, after a few nights of tagging each other with email's I was finally able to catch this girl online. We have never met and tonight was the first time we talked. We talked for about 2 hours straight about all sorts of stuff and both had a bunch of great laughs. Eventually she decided to head off to bed and said she definately wanted to talk again. Now I know its kinda early for anything real to be happening so I wont even bother with that, but we had so much in common and enough diffrences to keep it silly and interesting. Needless to say I have never met someone like her before, ever. She seems more interested in what I have to say than in how many pounds I can lift with one hand while the other is driving a monster truck listening to the football game on full blast. (I do none of those)

Now on to my problem. I tend to over think everything when I get excited and usally with tragic results. Any adivce on that?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Go jogging. Write in a journal. Read, meditate,

CLEAR YOUR HEAD.

It's not hard. Just try not to plan too far ahead. You don't want to overwhelm yourself, which is what it sounds like you do. It's best to do complex tasks during a low state of stimulation. Hence, you don't want to down three espressos before logging on. Rather, you want your heart rate to be at a normal rate (for as long as you can keep it there.)

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    Tonight, after a few nights of tagging each other with email's I was finally able to catch this girl online. We have never met and tonight was the first time we talked. We talked for about 2 hours straight about all sorts of stuff and both had a bunch of great laughs. Eventually she decided to head off to bed and said she definately wanted to talk again. Now I know its kinda early for anything real to be happening so I wont even bother with that, but we had so much in common and enough diffrences to keep it silly and interesting. Needless to say I have never met someone like her before, ever. She seems more interested in what I have to say than in how many pounds I can lift with one hand while the other is driving a monster truck listening to the football game on full blast. (I do none of those)

Now on to my problem. I tend to over think everything when I get excited and usally with tragic results. Any adivce on that?
    You have never even seen her yet buddy so relax.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Just stop worrying... Whats the use of worrying about a problem you can fix, and whats the use of worrying about one you can't. Just don't let your mind imagine up useless things. Talk to her normally and don't plan out what your going to say because that just screws everything up.

My advice is to not think about her like you've met someone who you might fall in love with, but to think of her as a wonderful new friend. Being great friends but still showing signs of liking her can't hurt, and will let things come naturally.

Also, she might be wonderful and I know it's hard but try not to "put all your eggs in one basket" keep other girls in mind and keep your mind on things besides girls.

Yeah that will all help. I have been able to keep pretty busy and that always is good.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.