+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At my wit's end, please help..

Quote Originally Posted by Love Gururu View Post
    Hi,

I am not sure she'll back off when you avoid her. She may but may not know what she is doing to you. Instead of hearing from others, why not hear from her directly? It will be easier for you to move on too. Tell her how you feel, and that you wish for a relationship outside office. If her reply is that's not what she wants, tell her then to leave you alone at work, so you won't be led on mistakenly.

This is what I would do, if I am in your situation.
    If I confess to her, it will simply ensure that she is on the same page as I am. I have already resigned myself to the fact that she doesn't really feel the same way about me. In the last few days, we have pretty much ignored each other, and I'm beginning to sense that she has an idea why I'm giving her the cold shoulder. I'm fine with not talking to her from here on end, as it really does make me feel better. I stay away from her, stay silent around her, and purposefully avoid her whenever and wherever I can. It's not the ideal end to our friendship, but it's only for the better, I suppose.

Thanks for your advice.

I feel a little terrible now. I avoided her pretty much today, but at some point in the day, I spoke to her to help her on something. Now, I wish I hadn't, as that seemed to have broken my resolve to ignore her somewhat. I feel really weak and down right now. I want to continue to flush her out of my life, but it is proving to be really, really difficult!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12